Ferry from Milazzo (Sicily) to Salina
Tickets, Ferry Prices & Timetables
How do I get from Milazzo to Salina?
You can get to the Aeolian island of Salina from Milazzo (Sicily) by ferry. The Milazzo - Salina route is in operation with up to 8 daily crossings year-round.
The connections are operated by Siremar and Liberty Lines. You can find ferry crossings to Salina's 2 ports: Santa Marina Salina and Rinella.
Tip: keep in mind that there are up to 20 daily crossings from Milazzo to Salina during summer. Still, tickets tend to sell out fast, so make sure to book your Milazo - Salina ferry tickets well in advance.
What’s the ferry schedule from Milazzo to Salina
The Milazzo - Salina route is served up to 8 times per day throughout the year.
The earliest ferry to Salina leaves from the port of Milazzo around 06:30, arriving around 08:30 at the port of Santa Marina Salina and continuing towards the port of Rinella. The arrival in Rinella is around 09:00.
The latest ferry departs from Milazzo at 19:30, arriving in Santa Marina Salina at around 21:30.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Milazzo to Salina?
The Milazzo - Salina ferry price ranges from €17 to €26. The final ticket cost varies depending on the port of arrival, type of vessel and season.
On Ferryhopper, you can find the best offers for the ferry trip to Salina from Milazzo. Find the lowest ferry prices for this route and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper with ease!
Toddlers can travel from Milazzo to Salina for free but are not entitled to onboard seating. There are also discount tickets for children and residents of the Aeolian Islands.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Milazzo to Salina?
The duration of the Milazzo - Salina ferry ride is between 1 hr 30 min and 4 hr, depending on the port of arrival and type of vessel.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Milazzo to Salina?
The connection from the port of Milazzo to the island of Salina is also operated by fast hydrofoils. The fastest ferry to Salina from Milazzo takes about 1 hr 30 min.
What’s the distance between Milazzo and Salina?
The distance between the port of Milazzo and the Aeolian island of Salina is 30 nautical miles (about 55 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Ferry Milazzo to Salina: useful tips for your trip
Here are some useful tips for your ferry trip from Milazzo to Salina:
- The Aeolian Islands can be more expensive during the high season so it's better to book your ferry and accommodation in advance.
- In the high season, we recommend you arrive early at the port of Milazzo to avoid delays and overcrowding.
- You can travel between both ports of Salina in just 10 min by ferry.
- Go island hopping from the port of Milazzo (Sicily) to the Aeolian Islands. Also, you can reach Salina from Lipari by ferry!
- Wondering how to get from Sicily to Salina in the summer? Thanks to the seasonal connections, you can catch a ferry from Palermo to Salina every day!
- Except for the connection between Sicily and the Aeolian Islands with the Milazzo - Salina ferry, the island is also connected to the province of Campania. Therefore, you can also catch a ferry from Naples to Salina.
Where to take the ferry from Milazzo to Salina
Ferries and hydrofoils to Salina depart from the port of Milazzo (Sicily). It’s located very close to the city center and just a 6-minute ride from the famous Castle of Milazzo and the Antiquarium museum.
Also, you can reach the port of Milazzo from the airport of Catania. There is a shuttle service from the airport to Milazzo, taking about 2 hr.
Can I travel on the ferry from Milazzo to Salina with a car?
Yes, you can embark your vehicle on the Milazzo - Salina ferries, but not on the hydrofoils.
However, keep in mind that motor vehicles are prohibited for non-permanent residents on the island of Salina during the summer months. Therefore, you cannot embark your vehicle on the Milazzo to Salina ferry from June to early September.
On the Milazzo to Salina ferry, you are allowed to bring your luggage at no extra cost. However, each ferry company has its own luggage policy. Specifically:
- On Siremar ferries, each passenger can have 1 piece of baggage with a maximum weight of 20 kg.
- On the hydrofoils of Liberty Lines, each passenger can carry up to 10 kg of hand luggage with maximum dimensions of 60x40x20 cm. Young travelers who are entitled to discount tickets can carry up to 5 kg of luggage.
The hydrofoils and ferries that operate the route from Milazzo (Sicily) to Salina do not have cabins. However, onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
On Milazzo - Salina ferries, you can bring your pet on board. Make sure to fill out the appropriate information as you book your tickets. A carrier or cage is required for small pets. As for larger pets, they must have a muzzle and be on a leash.
On the Siremar ferries, there are also areas specially reserved for passengers with pets and kennels on board.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Milazzo to Salina
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Milazzo to Salina online on Ferryhopper. Take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry traveling in Italy, browse all ferry connections on our Map of ferries and book your ferry trip to Salina hassle-free!