Ferry from Santa Marina Salina to Rinella
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Santa Marina Salina to Rinella?
Yes, you can move between the 2 ports of Salina (Santa Marina Salina and Rinella) thanks to the internal route operated by the Liberty Lines and Siremar ferry companies.
The port of Santa Marina is located in the eastern part of Salina, in the main settlement of the island. The port of Rinella, on the other hand, is located to the south and is smaller.
The Santa Marina Salina - Rinella crossing is very short and is operated up to 7 times a day, depending on the season.
What’s the ferry schedule from Santa Marina Salina to Rinella?
The first ferry to Rinella leaves at 05:30 from the port of Santa Marina Salina and arrives at its destination around 05:40. The last crossing is served around 19:00.
Keep in mind that Santa Marina Salina - Rinella ferry schedules are subject to change depending on the month. You can always check the latest ferry timetables on Ferryhopper.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Santa Marina Salina to Rinella?
Santa Marina Salina - Rinella ferry tickets range between €5 and €7. The ticket price depends on the season and the ferry operator.
On Ferryhopper, you can find the best available offers for your ferry trip in Salina. Take a look at our routes, find the lowest prices, and book your ferry tickets easily and quickly.
Current offers will be automatically applied when booking your ferry tickets.
Infants and toddlers up to 3 years old travel for free, while there are also discount tickets for children up to 14 years old.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Santa Marina Salina to Rinella?
The Santa Marina Salina - Rinella crossing normally takes from 10 min to 30 min, depending on the company.
Tip: remember that you can always check any changes and track your ferry in real time on the Ferryhopper App.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Santa Marina Salina to Rinella?
The Santa Marina Salina - Rinella connection is also operated by fast hydrofoils. The fastest crossing between the 2 ports is served by Liberty Lines and lasts only 10 min.
What’s the distance between Santa Marina Salina and Rinella?
The distance between the ports of Santa Marina Salina and Rinella is 2 nautical miles (about 4 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Santa Marina Salina to Rinella
Here are a few tips that you could use for your trip in Salina:
- Moving by ferry between the 2 ports of Salina is a very convenient option! Compared to traveling by car and given the summer traffic, you will save yourself more than half an hour.
- The beach of Rinnella is among the most special ones in Salina. Relax on its black-sand coast and discover the caves in the bay!
- Find the best thing to see and do on the island in our Salina vacation guide.
- From both ports in Salina, you can catch a ferry to all the other Aeolian islands. Discover all available routes on our Map of ferries!
- For the latest information on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy, you can check our relevant post.
Where to take the ferry from Santa Marina Salina to Rinella?
Ferries to Rinella leave from the main pier in Santa Marina Salina, located by the seafront.
As it is the largest port on the island, Santa Marina has various amenities, such as bars, restaurants, shops, rentals, and taxis.
Can I travel on the ferry from Santa Marina Salina to Rinella with a car?
You can bring along your vehicle only on Siremar ferries traveling to Rinella.
Each ferry company operating on the route has its own baggage allowance policy. More specifically:
- On Liberty Lines hydrofoils, you can carry up to 10 kg of hand luggage with a maximum size of 60x40x20 cm. On the other hand, young passengers traveling with half-price tickets can board up to 5 kg of luggage.
- On Siremar ferries, each passenger can carry 1 piece of luggage on board, weighing up to 20 kg.
The hydrofoils and ferries that operate on the route from Santa Marina Salina to Rinella do not have cabins. Only deck accommodation is included in the ticket.
You can travel with your pet on Santa Marina Salina - Rinella ferries at a small fee.
Small pets must travel in a pet carrier or cage. Medium- and large-sized pets should wear a muzzle and be on a leash.
On Siremar ferries, there are also designated areas for passengers with pets and kennels on board.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Santa Marina Salina to Rinella
On Ferryhopper, you can book your tickets from Santa Marina Salina to Rinella at the same prices as ferry companies! Discover the beautiful Salina with Ferryhopper and plan your trip in no time!