Ferry from Heraklion (Crete) to Rhodes
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Heraklion (Crete) to Rhodes?
The ferry routes that connect Heraklion of Crete with Rhodes are operated twice a week. Usually, this crossing is operated by the ferry company Aegeon Pelagos.
However, keep in mind that ferry schedules can change depending on the season and weather.
Am I allowed to travel from Heraklion (Crete) to Rhodes?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
What’s the ferry schedule from Heraklion (Crete) to Rhodes?
There are 2 weekly ferry crossings from Heraklion (Crete) to Rhodes. The earliest ferry usually departs at 12:00 from Heraklion, while the last scheduled trip is at 17:15. In both cases, the ferry arrives at Rhodes after midnight.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Heraklion (Crete) to Rhodes?
The ferry ticket price is around €29. However, the ticket cost can be higher or lower depending on reductions, offers, and seat or cabin type.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry trip from Heraklion (Crete) to Rhodes. Take a look at our ferry routes, find the lowest prices, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at no extra cost.
Traveling to Rhodes from Heraklion (Crete) by ferry is easy, comfortable, and you can take advantage of lower-cost ferry tickets thanks to the available discounts. The ferry companies offer discounts of up to 50% to the following passenger categories:
- Children from 5 to 10 years old
- Permanent residents of islands (holders of Unique Islander Number)
- Students of Greek Public Universities
- People with disabilities and their accompanying persons
Note: infants and children up to 3 years travel for free. However, keep in mind that available discounts may vary depending on the company you’re traveling with.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Heraklion (Crete) to Rhodes?
The ferry trip from Heraklion to Rhodes takes about 14-15 hr and we suggest you book a cabin for a more comfortable trip.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Heraklion (Crete) to Rhodes?
Yes, there are ferry companies that operate the route from Heraklion (Crete) to Rhodes with fast ferries, mainly during the summer. The fastest ferry to Heraklion takes approximately 10 hr.
What’s the distance between Heraklion (Crete) and Rhodes?
The distance between the port of Heraklion and Rhodes is around 173 nautical miles (320km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Heraklion (Crete) to Rhodes
Here are some useful tips for your ferry trip from Heraklion (Crete) to Rhodes:
- The port of Heraklion is easily accessible from the city center and is just a 15-minute walk from the KTEL station. We suggest you get to the port at least 45 minutes before departure. If you are traveling with your vehicle, it is a good idea to be at the port at least 1 hour before departure.
- Rhodes is a focal point among the Dodecanese which makes it an ideal destination for island-hopping in the eastern Aegean. See all the ferry connections of Rhodes, such as Kos, Nisyros, Symi or Kalymnos, on the Ferryhopper interactive map.
- From the port of Heraklion, you can also travel by ferry to the Cyclades. Especially in the summer months, the routes Crete - Cyclades are one of the most popular! Indicatively, you can find more information about the ferry routes Heraklion - Mykonos, Heraklion - Milos and Heraklion - Santorini on our relevant pages.
Where to take the ferry from Heraklion to Rhodes
The ferry to Rhodes departs from the port of Heraklion. It's located about 2km from the center of the city, close to many shops, restaurants and city landmarks.
To get to the port and catch the ferry from Crete to Rhodes, you can take a public bus, taxi or walk. The regional bus station of Heraklion is located 700 meters (10 minutes walk) from the port.
The port of Heraklion is easily accessible from the city center and is just a 15-minute walk from the KTEL station. We suggest you get to the port at least 45 minutes before departure.
The Aegeon Pelagos ferry company does not have restrictions on luggage.
Ferries from Heraklion (Crete) to Rhodes have cabins.
You can travel with your pet on the ferry to Rhodes from Heraklion (Crete), depending on the company and type of vessel. Make sure to carry along the necessary certificates, tickets and any pet supplies you may need for your trip.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Heraklion to Rhodes
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Heraklion (Crete) to Rhodes online on Ferryhopper. On our Map of ferries, you can see all the available ferry connections, compare ferry companies and fares, and book your ferry trip to Rhodes with just a few clicks.