Traveling from Heraklion (Crete) to Rhodes by ferry
There are 2 weekly ferry crossings from Heraklion to Rhodes and tickets cost from 30€. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Ferry schedules from Heraklion (Crete) to Rhodes*
Is there a ferry from Heraklion (Crete) to Rhodes?
The ferry routes that connect Heraklion of Crete with Rhodes are served twice a week. This can change depending on the season and weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. Usually, this ferry crossing is operated by the vessel F/B Prevelis of the company Aegeon Pelagos.
How long is the ferry ride from Heraklion (Crete) to Rhodes?
The ferry trip from Heraklion to Rhodes takes about 14-15 hours and we suggest you book a cabin for a more comfortable trip.
How much is the ferry from Heraklion (Crete) to Rhodes?
The price for a standard ferry ticket is around 29€. However, the total cost can be higher or lower depending on reductions, offers, and seat or cabin type.
What’s the ferry schedule from Heraklion (Crete) to Rhodes?
As mentioned, there are 2 weekly ferry crossings from Heraklion to Rhodes. The earliest ferry usually departs at 12:00 from Heraklion, while the last scheduled trip is at 15:10. In both cases, the ferry arrives at Rhodes after midnight.
What’s the distance between Heraklion (Crete) and Rhodes?
The port of Heraklion is around 173 nautical miles from Milos, or else 320 km.
Am I allowed to travel from Heraklion (Crete) to Rhodes?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
Afternoon at the beach of Rhodes.
How can I book ferry tickets from Heraklion (Crete) to Rhodes?
With the Ferryhopper search engine, you will find all available itineraries from Heraklion to Rhodes, so you can book your tickets easily, quickly and economically.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Heraklion (Crete) to Rhodes
- The port of Heraklion is easily accessible from the city center and is just a 15-minute walk from the KTEL station. We suggest you get to the port at least 45 minutes before departure. If you are traveling with your vehicle, it is a good idea to be at the port at least 1 hour before departure.
- The route Heraklion - Rhodes makes several stops on Dodecanese islands and may have delays in arrival or departure. We suggest that you contact the Port Authority of Heraklion or Rhodes for more information.
- Rhodes is at a focal point among the Dodecanese which makes it an ideal destination for island-hopping in the eastern Aegean. See all the ferry connections of Rhodes, such as Kos, Nisyros, Symi or Kalymnos, on the Ferryhopper interactive map.
- From the port of Heraklion, you can also travel by ferry to the Cyclades. Especially in the summer months, the routes Crete - Cyclades are one of the most popular! Indicatively, you can find more information about the ferry routes Heraklion - Mykonos, Heraklion - Milos and Heraklion - Santorini on our relevant pages.
- Any information you need about your itineraries and travel times can be referred to the Ferryhopper customer service team.