Ferry from Tenerife to Lanzarote
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Tenerife to Lanzarote?
Yes, you can find daily ferry crossings from Tenerife to Lanzarote, served by Naviera Armas and Fred. Olsen Express. This ferry route is indirect and includes a layover at the port of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
As ferry timetables are subject to change, you can find real-time information about your trip for the Tenerife - Lanzarote route and book ferry tickets on Ferryhopper.
Am I allowed to travel from Tenerife to Lanzarote?
Yes, traveling from Tenerife to Lanzarote by ferry is allowed. Take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Spain and get ready for your trip.
What’s the ferry schedule from Tenerife to Lanzarote
You can easily travel from Tenerife to Lanzarote by ferry every day throughout the year. You have to get off at Gran Canaria and switch ferries before resuming your ferry trip.
Usually, the earliest ferry leaves from Tenerife at around 06:00 in the morning, while the latest departure is at 19:30. Once you arrive in Gran Canaria, the duration of the layover can range from 1 hr to 24 hr, depending on the combination of crossings you’ve chosen.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Tenerife to Lanzarote?
The total cost of the indirect Tenerife - Lanzarote ferry route is around €165. The final cost varies depending on available offers and discounts, seat type and vehicle selection.
Discover the best available offers for ferry tickets on Ferryhopper. Find real-time information about our ferry routes, compare prices and offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at the best price.
Find all special discounts on Ferryhopper, including the Canary Islands resident discount, and book ferry tickets to Lanzarote!
Some indicative passenger categories that are entitled to discount tickets are:
- Senior travelers
- Residents of the Canary Islands
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Tenerife to Lanzarote?
The average duration of the Tenerife - Lanzarote ferry route ranges from 8 to 22 hr, depending on the itineraries you’ve chosen and the intermediate stop. The ferry from Tenerife to Gran Canaria arrives in about 1.5-3 hr, while the Gran Canaria - Lanzarote connection lasts 5-6.5 hr.
Important: the total duration may be increased if a different intermediate stop is included.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Tenerife to Lanzarote?
Yes, you can find high-speed ferries traveling from Tenerife to Lanzarote. The fastest ferry connection lasts around 8 hr.
What’s the distance between Tenerife and Lanzarote?
The distance between Tenerife and Lanzarote is approximately 148 nautical miles (274km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Lanzarote from Tenerife
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Tenerife to Lanzarote:
- The port of Santa Cruz de Tenerife is one of the busiest in the Canary Islands. We recommend arriving 1.5 hr before your departure, especially if you are traveling with a vehicle.
- The port of Arrecife in Lanzarote is close to many of the island's popular resorts and accommodation options.
- Check out our Lanzarote travel guide for more vacation tips and useful information about the island.
- From Lanzarote, you can easily travel to other neighboring islands of the Canaries, such as La Graciosa and Fuerteventura. Find all available ferry routes on Ferryhopper and plan your island hopping in the Canaries hassle-free.
Where to take the ferry from Tenerife to Lanzarote
You can travel by ferry to Lanzarote from the port of Santa Cruz de Tenerife, the capital of the island. The city is located in the northeast of Tenerife, about 15km from Tenerife North Airport and approximately 60km from Tenerife South Airport.
Bus route 20 takes you from Tenerife North Airport to Santa Cruz de Tenerife in 25 min. To get to the capital from Tenerife South Airport, you can catch bus 111 or 711. The ride lasts around 1.5 hr.
Can I travel on the ferry from Tenerife to Lanzarote with a car?
Yes, ferries to Lanzarote allow the transport of vehicles. As available garage spaces may run out fast, we suggest planning your trip well in advance.
Each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy:
- Naviera Armas allows a maximum of 60kg or 4 items of luggage per person. It also offers trolleys to transport your baggage if you don't want to carry it on board the ferry.
- Fred. Olsen Express allows 20kg of luggage per person. It also offers trolleys to transport your bags and lockers for €1. Keep in mind that you can only have 1 piece of luggage in the lounge in addition to your handbags, provided that it doesn't obstruct passageways or occupy any seats.
Yes, you can book a cabin on your Tenerife - Lanzarote trip for a more comfortable journey. Alternatively, onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
You can travel with your pet on all Tenerife - Lanzarote ferries, as long as you book a special ticket for your pet. Pets are allowed in seating lounges and on the passenger decks, but not in dining areas. When outside their carriers, pets must wear a leash.
Make sure you carry your pet’s valid health certificates and any necessary supplies for the trip.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Tenerife to Lanzarote?
You can book ferry tickets from Tenerife to Lanzarote on Ferryhopper with no hidden fees. Check out all available ferry connections on our Map of ferries, compare schedules and prices, and book ferry tickets to Lanzarote online in just a few clicks.