Ferry from Tenerife to Lanzarote
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Tenerife to Lanzarote?
Yes, there is an indirect route from Tenerife to Lanzarote, including a stopover at the port of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. There are normally daily ferry crossings all year round, operated by Naviera Armas and Fred. Olsen Express.
Tip: ferry timetables are subject to change depending on the season. You can find real-time information about your trip for the Tenerife - Lanzarote route on Ferryhopper.
What’s the ferry schedule from Tenerife to Lanzarote
Usually, the earliest ferry leaves from Tenerife to Gran Canaria (Las Palmas) at around 06:00, while the latest departure is scheduled at 19:30.
The ferry from Gran Canaria to Lanzarote then usually departs at 23:50, reaching Lanzarote at 06:30.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Tenerife to Lanzarote?
Ferry tickets for the indirect Tenerife - Lanzarote route start at around €174 in total. Tenerife (Santa Cruz) - Gran Canaria (Las Palmas) are at around €75, while Las Palmas - Lanzarote (Arrecife) tickets start ar around €99.
The final cost depends on available offers and discounts, seat type and vehicle selection.
Discover the best available ferry deals and offers for Spain on Ferryhopper. Find real-time information about ferry routes, compare fares and offers, and book your ferry tickets to the Canaries on Ferryhopper at the best prices!
Note that current offers are automatically applied when booking your ferry tickets.
Find all special discounts on Ferryhopper, including the Canary Islands resident discount reaching up to 75-85%, and book cheap ferry tickets to Lanzarote!
Some passenger categories entitled to discount tickets are:
- Children (4-11 years old)
- Young travelers (<26 years old)
- Senior travelers (60+ years old)
- Residents of the Canary Islands
Note: infants and toddlers up to 3 years old normally travel free of charge.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Tenerife to Lanzarote?
The duration of the Tenerife - Lanzarote ferry route normally ranges from 11 hr to 22 hr, depending on the crossings your pick, waiting time, and the weather conditions.
The ferry from Tenerife to Gran Canaria takes 1 hr 45 in on average, while the Gran Canaria - Lanzarote connection usually lasts 6 hr 40 min.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Tenerife to Lanzarote?
Yes, you can find high-speed ferries traveling from Tenerife to Lanzarote. The shortest ferry connection lasts around 11 hr.
What’s the distance between Tenerife and Lanzarote?
The distance between Tenerife and Lanzarote is approximately 148 nautical miles (274 km).
Note that the distance between the port of Santa Cruz de Tenerife and Las Palmas de Gran Canaria is around 51 nautical miles (94 km), and the distance between Las Palmas and the port of Arrecife in Lanzarote is approximately 119 nautical miles (221 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Lanzarote from Tenerife
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Tenerife to Lanzarote:
- The port of Santa Cruz de Tenerife is one of the busiest in the Canary Islands. We recommend arriving at least 1 hr before departure, especially if you are traveling with a vehicle.
- The port of Arrecife in Lanzarote is close to many of the island's popular resorts and accommodation options.
- Check out our Lanzarote travel guide for more vacation tips and useful information about the island.
- From Lanzarote, you can easily travel to other neighboring islands of the Canaries, such as La Graciosa and Fuerteventura. Find all available ferry routes on Ferryhopper and the best tips for your island-hopping trip in the Canaries.
- For even easier and faster bookings, download the Ferryhopper App for free!
Where to take the ferry from Tenerife to Lanzarote
You can travel by ferry to Lanzarote from the port of Santa Cruz de Tenerife, in the capital of the island. The city is located in northeastern Tenerife, about 15 km from the Tenerife North Airport and approximately 60 km from the Tenerife South Airport.
Bus 20 takes you from Tenerife North Airport to Santa Cruz de Tenerife in 25 min. To get to the capital from Tenerife South Airport, you can catch bus 10. The ride takes around 50 min.
Can I travel on the ferry from Tenerife to Lanzarote with a car?
Yes, most ferries to Lanzarote from Tenerife have car decks and transport vehicles.
Bear in mind that car spaces can run out fast, especially in high season, so we recommend booking your car or motorcycle tickets well in advance.
Each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy:
- Naviera Armas allows each passenger a maximum of 4 luggage pieces, weighing up to 60 kg in total. It also offers trolleys to help passengers transport their luggage.
- On Fred. Olsen Express, you can carry up to 20 kg of luggage free of charge. The company also offers trolleys to transport your bags and lockers for €1. Keep in mind that you can only have 1 piece of luggage in the lounge in addition to your handbags.
Yes, you can book a cabin on your Tenerife - Lanzarote trip for a more comfortable journey. More specifically, you can book a cabin on Gran Canaria (Las Palmas) - Lanzarote (Arrecife) ferries, and on the overnight Tenerife - Gran Canaria ferry.
Note that onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
You can travel with your pet on all Tenerife - Lanzarote ferries, as long as you include the pet in the booking.
Pets are normally allowed in seating areas, as long as they weigh up to 10 kg and stay in a carrier. They are also allowed on the outside decks. When outside their carriers, pets should wear a leash.
Tip: make sure you carry your pet’s updated health certificates and any necessary supplies you might need during the trip.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Tenerife to Lanzarote
Check out all available ferry connections in the Canaries on our Map of ferries, compare schedules and prices, and book ferry tickets from Tenerife to Lanzarote online on Ferryhopper easily and quickly!