Ferry from Tenerife to La Gomera
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Tenerife to La Gomera?
The ferry route from Tenerife to La Gomera is usually served several times per day throughout the year. Most ferries arrive at the port of San Sebastián de La Gomera, with the crossings being served by Fred. Olsen Express and Naviera Armas.
Please note that ferry timetables are subject to change from season to season. You can find real-time schedules for the Tenerife - La Gomera ferry route and book ferry tickets online on Ferryhopper, easily and quickly.
Am I allowed to travel from Tenerife to La Gomera?
Yes, traveling from Tenerife to La Gomera by ferry is allowed. Take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Spain and get ready for your trip.
What’s the ferry schedule from Tenerife to La Gomera
There are around 6 daily ferry crossings from Tenerife to the port of San Sebastián de La Gomera. The earliest ferry normally departs at 08:45 and arrives in La Gomera at around 09:35. The last departure is usually at 22:00, with the ferry reaching La Gomera at 22:50.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Tenerife to La Gomera?
Ferry prices from Tenerife to La Gomera start at around €45. The final cost may vary depending on available offers and discounts, seat type and vehicle selection.
Discover the best available offers for ferry tickets on Ferryhopper. Find real-time information about our ferry routes, compare fares and offers, and book ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at the same price as the ferry companies.
Find all special discounts on Ferryhopper, including the Canary Islands resident discount! Discover some indicative passenger categories that are entitled to discount tickets:
- Senior travelers
- Residents of the Canary Islands
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Tenerife to La Gomera?
Travel time from Tenerife to La Gomera ranges between 50 min to 1 hr, depending on the crossing you’ve chosen.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Tenerife to La Gomera?
Yes, there are high-speed ferries traveling from Tenerife to La Gomera. The fastest ferry reaches the island in 50 min.
What’s the distance between Tenerife and La Gomera?
The distance between La Gomera and Tenerife is around 25 nautical miles (about 47 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to La Gomera from Tenerife
Here are some travel tips for your ferry trip:
- The port of Los Cristianos in Tenerife can get quite busy during the summer. We recommend arriving at least 1.5 hr before boarding, especially if you are traveling with a vehicle.
- Since La Gomera is one of the smallest islands in the Canaries, it is a great destination for a short trip.
- Check our La Gomera travel guide for more tips and useful information about the island.
- La Gomera is also great for planning exciting island hopping! Find all available ferry itineraries on the Ferryhopper and plan your island hopping in the Canaries hassle-free.
Where to take the ferry from Tenerife to La Gomera
You can travel by ferry to San Sebastián de La Gomera from the port of Los Cristianos in Tenerife. The city is located on the south coast of the island, approximately 14 km from Tenerife South Airport and 79 km from Tenerife North Airport. Several daily bus services are running from both airports to Los Cristianos.
Can I travel on the ferry from Tenerife to La Gomera with a car?
Yes, the ferry to La Gomera from Tenerife can transport vehicles. Bear in mind that the garage seats for vehicles may run out fast, so we suggest that you book your car or motorbike ticket as early as possible!
Each ferry company serving this route has a different baggage allowance policy:
- With Naviera Armas, each passenger can carry a maximum of 60 kg in luggage or 4 items in total. The company also offers trolleys to transport them.
- With Fred. Olsen Express, you can carry up to 20 kg of luggage. There are also trolleys to transport your bags and lockers for €1. Keep in mind that you can only have 1 piece of luggage in the lounge in addition to your handbags, provided that it doesn't obstruct passageways or occupy any seats.
The ferry trip to reach La Gomera from Tenerife is quite short. As such, there are no cabins on the ferries serving the route, but there are numbered seats.
You can bring along your pet on all Tenerife - La Gomera ferries, as long as you book a special ticket for your pet. Make sure you carry your pet’s health certificates and any necessary supplies.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Tenerife to La Gomera?
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Tenerife to La Gomera on Ferryhopper in just a few clicks. Find all available ferry connections on our Map of ferries, compare schedules, companies and prices, and plan your trip to La Gomera online at no extra cost.