Ferry from Ponza to Ventotene
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Ponza to Ventotene?
Yes, you can move between Ponza and Ventotene and explore the Pontine archipelago thanks to SNAV's seasonal connections operating from June to September.
The Ponza - Ventotene is served with 3 connections per week (Friday, Saturday and Sunday).
What’s the ferry schedule from Ponza to Ventotene?
Usually, the earliest ferry to Ventotene leaves the port of Ponza at 11:15 and arrives at around 12:00. The second departure of the day is scheduled for 18:30, arriving in Ventotene approximately at 19:20.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Ponza to Ventotene?
The cost of a single ferry ticket from Ponza to Ventotene starts from €22.
On Ferryhopper, you can use our search engine to select the route and the dates of your trip, and all available offers will be automatically applied to your reservation! Take a look at our ferry routes, find the lowest prices and book cheap ferry tickets online.
On SNAV ferries, infants up to 2 years old travel for free, and there are discounts for children up to 11 years old.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Ponza to Ventotene?
The ferry trip from Ponza to Ventotene lasts around 50 min.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Ponza to Ventotene?
The connection from Ponza to Ventotene is operated only by high-speed hydrofoils.
What’s the distance between Ponza and Ventotene?
The distance between the islands of Ponza and Ventotene is approximately 20 nautical miles (about 37 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Ventotene from Ponza
Here are some useful tips for your ferry trip from Ponza to Ventotene:
- Please keep in mind that ferry schedules may be subject to last-minute changes depending on weather conditions. We, therefore, advise you to always consult the company's latest updates on your trip.
- Check out our Ventotene travel guide and find out the best things to do and see on the island!
- The port of Formia, in the region of Lazio, is the best year-round option if you want to travel to the Pontine islands. Read more about the Formia - Ventotene ferry route available all year round!
- If you want to reach the Pontine Islands from Southern Italy, you will have to travel from Naples instead. You could hop on a ferry from Naples to Ponza and then continue your adventure to Ventotene!
- From June to the end of August, you can also take the ferry from Naples to Ventotene and travel directly to the island.
Where to take the ferry from Ponza to Ventotene?
The ferries from Ponza to Ventotene usually depart from the terminal in Via Molo Musco.
On the promenade and in the narrow alleys near the harbor of Ventotene you will find bars, restaurants and shops. From the port, you can also take a bus, a taxi or a taxi boat to reach various beaches and coves on the island.
Can I travel on the ferry from Ventotene to Ponza with a car?
No, on the hydrofoils from Ponza to Ventotene, it is not possible to embark vehicles.
The ferry company SNAV allows only 1 hand luggage with a maximum size of 50x35x20 cm and a maximum weight of 9 kg per passenger.
The ferries traveling from Ponza to Ventotene do not have cabins. However, onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
You can travel with your furry friend on the ferry from Ponza to Ventotene. However, you should also book a pet ticket in advance. The ticket price is about €10.
Keep in mind that small pets should be transported in a pet carrier, while the bigger ones should wear a muzzle and be on a leash.
Book cheap ferries from Ponza to Ventotene
You can book your tickets for your trip from Ponza to Ventotene on Ferryhopper with no hidden fees. Check all available ferry routes on our Map of ferries and get ready to discover the gorgeous Pontine archipelago!