ON THIS PAGE
- Are there special offers on ferry tickets?
- Is a round trip ferry ticket cheaper than two one-way tickets?
- How do I get discounted ferry tickets?
- Ferry tickets: Age-related discounts
- Ferry tickets: Student discounts
- Ferry tickets: Large family discounts
- What do I get with the 'Camping All Inclusive' offer?
- What do I get with the 'Camping on Board' offer?
- What is the Seasmiles loyalty card?
- What is the Island Resident Number (MAN)?
Are there special offers on ferry tickets? How do I get discounted ferry tickets? Is a return ferry ticket cheaper than two one-way tickets? You can find answers to all these questions on this page!
Are there special offers on ferry tickets?July 15, 2020
Ferry companies sometimes make special offers on tickets for specific dates or destinations. These special offers are immediately available on Ferryhopper. Please note that tickets on offer are usually non-refundable. This means that if you book a ticket on offer, you probably won’t be able to get a refund in case you wish to cancel it. Some companies, however, may allow you to change the date of your ticket or convert it to an open ticket. In this case, you’ll most likely have to pay the difference between the standard ticket price and the price of the ticket you purchased on special offer.
Is a round trip ferry ticket cheaper than two one-way tickets?July 15, 2020
Every ferry company has its own policy regarding the price of return and one-way tickets. Some companies do offer a discount if you book a round trip in one booking, provided, of course, that you don’t book the return trip with a different ferry company. In this case, the price of a return ticket can be up to 20% lower compared to the price of two one-way tickets. We recommend, therefore, that you book round trip tickets when possible.
On Ferryhopper you will always find the cheapest tickets available. If the ferry company you would like to travel with offers a discount on return tickets, this will be included in the total price of your booking. Please note, however, that if you need to modify your outbound or inbound ticket separately, standard ticket prices will apply.
How do I get discounted ferry tickets?July 16, 2020
On Ferryhopper you can find all the discounts available on ferry crossings in Greece. If it is not on Ferryhopper, then it probably doesn’t exist! If you think that a discount that you are eligible for is not available on our website, please let us know and we will be happy to check.
Ferry companies generally provide discounts for certain types of passengers, such as permanent residents of islands, infants, children, students and multi-child families. Please note that if you purchase a discounted ticket, you will have to provide the relevant document confirming that you are eligible for the specific discount in order to board the ferry (e.g. student card, proof of residence etc.).
Ferry tickets: Age-related discountsJuly 16, 2020
Ferry companies offer various discounts for passengers that belong to specific age groups. Some of the most common ones are the following:
- Infant and child discount. Every company has its own definition for infants and children and offers different discounts for them. Please note that discounts for infants and children usually apply only to certain fare types, e.g. to economy class, but not to VIP / business class or cabins. Infants for whom a zero-value ticket is issued usually travel on an adult’s lap and are not assigned a separate seat. Children normally get a 25% or 50% discount on the standard ticket price. In order to be able to select an infant or child fare when booking your tickets, you will have to add an adult passenger first and then the infant / child.
- Discount for young people. Many companies offer discounts for passengers under 26. Please remember that this discount usually applies only to certain types of seats, e.g. economy / deck seats.
- Discount for older people. Most ferry companies offer discounts for passengers over 60. Please note that this discount usually applies only to certain types of seats, e.g. economy / deck seats.
Ferry tickets: Student discountsJuly 16, 2020
It is common for ferry companies to offer discounts for local university students. If you are studying in any higher education institution, you can select the relevant discount during your booking. Please note that you will be asked to show your student card before boarding, so make sure that you bring it with you on the day of your trip.
Some ferry companies also provide discounts for international students who have an ISIC card. You can visit the official ISIC website for updated information on companies that offer a discount to ISIC cardholders.
Ferry tickets: Large family discountsJuly 16, 2020
Ferry companies usually offer discounts to large families. In order to be eligible for this discount you need to have a large family card / certificate issued by the state. Please note that discounts for large families may not apply to all destinations, as large family cards / certificates are usually valid only for trips in the issuing country.
What do I get with the 'Camping All Inclusive' offer?July 16, 2020
The ‘Camping All Inclusive’ offer is provided by Minoan Lines for ferry crossings between Italy and Greece. The offer includes:
- Garage space for your camper or caravan
- Power supply
- Accommodation in an inside cabin
- 30% discount on all meals and drinks served at the 'à la carte' and self-service restaurants during the trip
- The option to bring your pet with you in the cabin for only 25€ per trip
The ‘Camping All Inclusive’ offer does not apply to other vehicles, such as cars, minibuses or boats. Please note that it is forbidden to use propane or any other gas on board for safety reasons.
What do I get with the 'Camping on Board' offer?July 16, 2020
The ‘Camping on Board’ offer is provided by the companies ANEK Lines and Superfast Ferries for ferry routes between Italy and Greece. A ticket purchased with this offer costs the same as an open-deck ticket. Passengers can spend the journey in the comfort of their own camper / caravan, while the offer also includes:
- Open deck space for your camper or caravan
- Access to 220-volt power outlets
- Access to onboard showers and WCs
- Access to all public areas on the boat, such as bars, restaurants, etc.
Please note that the use of propane or any other gas on board is prohibited on all feries of ANEK Lines and Superfast Ferries for safety reasons.
What is the Seasmiles loyalty card?July 16, 2020
The Seasmiles loyalty and reward scheme by Blue Star Ferries, Superfast Ferries and Hellenic Seaways offers discounts on ferry tickets to the Greek islands. More specifically, it applies to ferry routes to and from the Cyclades, the Dodecanese, Crete, the Northeast Aegean islands and the Saronic Gulf islands. It is easy to register, and as soon as you do, you can use your card number to collect points and get exclusive offers and discounts when booking your tickets. The scheme offers discounts on passenger and vehicle tickets for all types of seats as well as on purchases from the foodservice outlets on board. The discount type and amount depend on the destination and the type of ferry.
For the time being, it is not possible to use the Seasmiles loyalty card when booking your tickets online. But no need to worry! Ferryhopper’s customer support team is here to help you with your booking. We’ll make sure that you can enjoy all the benefits that the Seasmiles scheme offers you and that you get the cheapest ferry tickets for your holiday to the Greek islands. Please contact us via email or phone and we will be happy to check ticket availability for your ferry journey and apply the Seasmiles discount to your booking.
Please make sure that you have your Seasmiles loyalty card with you on the day of your trip. You will be asked to present it before boarding and in order to collect points when making your purchases from the ferry’s shops, cafe-bars and restaurants.
What is the Island Resident Number (MAN)?February 9, 2021
The Island Resident Number (MAN) concerns permanent residents, the permanently employed living in the Greek islands and the companies that are active in them. Individuals, families and professionals with MAN are beneficiaries of the Transport Equivalent Law (Metaforiko Isodynamo), according to which the cost of transport by sea is equated with the cost of land travel via intercity bus service (KTEL). You can use MAN when booking your Ferryhopper ferry ticket and at the end of the month, you will receive the corresponding discounted money in your account.
The Island Resident Number is personal and issued once. Children and dependent members are entitled to MAN only if they have been declared in the tax return of the main beneficiary.
Are you missing something on this page?
Send us a message and our customer support team will happily respond to all your questions