Ferry from Vulcano to Stromboli
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Vulcano to Stromboli?
Yes, you can travel by ferry from Vulcano to Stromboli all year round. Ferries arrive at the 2 ports of the island: Stromboli in the north and Ginostra in the southern part of the island.
There are usually 2 daily crossings to Stromboli (1 route with a stopover), depending on the season. The Vulcano - Stromboli connection is operated by Liberty Lines and Siremar ferries.
Keep in mind that during the high season, there are up to 4 daily crossings operating the Vulcano - Stromboli ferry route. Therefore, make sure to check the ferry schedules and your travel time before your trip.
Am I allowed to travel to Stromboli from Vulcano?
Yes, you can travel from Vulcano to Stromboli by ferry at the moment. Check the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy and get ready for your trip.
What’s the ferry schedule from Vulcano to Stromboli?
The earliest ferry departs from the port of Vulcano at 08:50 and arrives at the port of Ginostra around 12:25. In the high season, there is an extra ferry route that leaves from Vulcano at 07:50, arrives at the port of Ginostra at 09:35 and then reaches the port of Stromboli at around 10:00.
The latest departure from Vulcano to Stromboli is usually at 14:25. However, sometimes there are crossings to Stromboli leaving at 16:10 from the port of Vulcano.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Vulcano to Stromboli?
The Vulcano to Stromboli ferry price ranges between €13 and €20. The ticket cost depends on the company and the season.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry trip to Stromboli from Vulcano. Take a look at our ferry routes, find the lowest ferry prices and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at the same price with ferry companies.
Toddlers up to 3 years old travel from Vulcano to Stromboli for free. There are also discount tickets for children up to 14 years old and residents of the Aeolian Islands.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Vulcano to Stromboli?
The ferry time from Vulcano to Stromboli is between 1 hr 45 min and 3 hr 30 min. The trip duration depends on the vessel (ferry or hydrofoil).
Is there a high-speed ferry from Vulcano to Stromboli?
The connection from Vulcano to Stromboli is also operated by fast hydrofoils. The fastest ferry takes around 1 hr 45 min to reach the port of Ginostra on the island of Stromboli.
What's the distance between Vulcano and Stromboli?
The distance between Vulcano and Stromboli is 25 nautical miles (around 46 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Stromboli from Vulcano
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Vulcano to Stromboli:
- Stromboli is a popular destination. Therefore, we suggest you book the ferry and accommodation well in advance.
- The 2 ports of Stromboli are connected with daily ferry crossings. Therefore, in just 10 min, you can travel from the port of Stromboli to Ginostra and vice versa!
- From Vulcano, you can continue your ferry adventure and explore the other Aeolian Islands, such as Panarea and Lipari. Find out which Aeolian island is the best for your holidays in our travel guide.
- We recommend booking your return to Vulcano in advance as tickets sell out fast.
- You can also take the ferry from Palermo to Stromboli, the ferry from Naples to Stromboli and from Milazzo to Stromboli.
- In a few cases, the schedules of ferries that depart from the port of Vulcano may change. Make sure to confirm your ferry’s departure time. You can also track your ferry in real-time on the Ferryhopper app!
Where do I take the ferry to travel from Vulcano to Stromboli?
Ferries and hydrofoils to Stromboli from Vulcano depart from Porto di Levante, located in the island’s northern part.
In the port area, there are several shops, bars, restaurants, and taxi services. Also, just a 5-minute walk from the port, there is the beach of Acque Calde.
Can I travel on the ferry from Vulcano to Stromboli with a car?
Yes, it is possible to embark motor vehicles on the conventional ferries that operate the Vulcano - Stromboli connection, but not on the hydrofoils.
However, keep in mind that, from July to September, motor vehicles of non-residents are not allowed to circulate in Stromboli.
Each company operating the ferry route from Vulcano to Stromboli has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- On Siremar ferries, each passenger is entitled to have 1 piece of baggage with a maximum weight of 20 kg.
- On Liberty Lines hydrofoils, you can carry up to 10 kg of hand luggage with dimensions of 60x40x20 cm.
Given the short duration of the trip, there are no cabins on the hydrofoils and ferries from Vulcano to Stromboli. Instead, onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
You can travel with your pet on Vulcano - Stromboli ferries and hydrofoils, as long as you fill out the appropriate information as you book your tickets.
A carrier or cage is required for small pets, while large-sized pets must wear a muzzle and a leash. On Siremar ferries, there are also special areas on board reserved for passengers with dogs or other pets.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Vulcano to Stromboli?
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Vulcano to Stromboli online on Ferryhopper. On our Map of ferries, you can see all the available ferry connections, compare ferry companies and fares, and book your ferry trip to Stromboli in easily and quickly!