Ferry from Thessaloniki to Samos
Tickets & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Thessaloniki to Samos?
At this moment, you can find 1 weekly ferry route that connects Thessaloniki to both ports of Samos -Vathy and Karlovasi- in the North Aegean. The ferry company that currently operates this crossing is Blue Star Ferries.
Please note that the ferry connection between Thessaloniki and Samos is served seasonally and schedules may be changed or canceled. For this reason, always check our fare search engine to find up to date data for ferries and itineraries.
How long is the ferry ride from Thessaloniki to Samos?
The ferry ride from the city of Thessaloniki to the Vathy port in Samos takes around 20.5 hours and to the port of Karlovasi approximately 22 hours.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Thessaloniki to Samos?
No, unfortunately, the crossing Thessaloniki - Samos is not served by fast ferries.
How much is the ferry from Thessaloniki to Samos?
The cost of a standard deck ferry ticket for the route Thessaloniki to Samos starts at about €41. Specifically, the price for Thessaloniki - Vathy is €41.5 and for Thessaloniki - Karlovasi is €44. The ticket price can be higher or lower depending on discounts, offers, seat type, cabin selection and vehicle transportation.
What's the ferry schedule from Thessaloniki to Samos?
In 2021, for the periods from March 1st to June 6th and from September 6th to December 31st, you can find 1 weekly ferry itinerary from Thessaloniki to Samos, every Saturday. The ferry departs at 21:00 and reaches the Vathy port around 17:00 the next afternoon. The ferry then continues its journey and arrives at Karlovasi at 19:00.
What's the distance between Thessaloniki and Samos?
The distance between the ports of Thessaloniki and Samos is roughly 224 nautical miles (483km).
Am I allowed to travel from Thessaloniki to Samos?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Thessaloniki to Samos?
Now, the ferry connection of North Greece with the Aegean islands is easier than ever. On Ferryhopper you will find all ferry crossings from Thessaloniki to Samos along with the respective schedules. Book online now ferry tickets for Vathy or Karlovasi at no extra cost!
Crystal emerald waters at the port of Samos
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Thessaloniki to Samos
- We recommend that you arrive at the port of Thessaloniki at least 1.5 hours before departure, especially if you’re traveling with a car to Samos.
- The port of Thessaloniki is located near the city center and reaching it in peak hours can take some time. If you go by car, you are advised to take into account the traffic jam that you may face.
- The route Thessaloniki - Samos is a perfect way to transport your vehicle from Northern Greece to the Greek islands and explore every corner of them. Indicatively, vehicle tickets can be around €26 for a motorbike and around €130 for a car.
- You can find more information and details regarding holidays in Samos on our relevant page.
- Samos is an excellent starting point to begin an island hopping experience to the islands of the North Aegean, as well as the Turkish coast. Check our Map of Ferries to find all ferry connections between Samos and Chios or Ikaria to easily plan your ferry adventure!
Where to take the ferry from Thessaloniki to Samos?
You can take the ferry to Samos from the port of Thessaloniki near the city center. The port is located approximately 16km from Thessaloniki International Airport “Makedonia” and 1km from the railway station. Getting to the port of Thessaloniki is very easy as there are frequent bus services and taxis. For those who want to reach the port by car, there is the port parking space 500m from the port gate.
Ferry companies in Greece are usually quite flexible when it comes to luggage size and weight. You can keep your luggage next to you or store your bags and suitcases in the designated luggage area on the ferry to Samos.
Good to know: bear in mind that there is no check-in procedure for luggage items.
Tip: each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. We recommend that you don’t carry more than 50 kg of luggage to avoid delays due to restricted space in the luggage area.
The vessel Blue Star Chios has cabins with beds that provide a comfortable journey. Due to the overnight trip and the long ferry ride, we suggest that you book a cabin to have more privacy and sleep well.