Traveling from Kavala to Samos by ferry
The ferry route Kavala - Samos normally takes from 13h to 15h and costs start at 40€. Check our summary with the latest data for ferries.
Ferry schedules from Kavala to Samos*
Is there a ferry from Kavala to Samos?
You can find at least 4 weekly itineraries from Kavala to both ports of Samos - Vathi and Karlovasi-. This can change depending on the season and weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. This ferry connection is usually operated by Blue Star Ferries.
How long is the ferry ride from Kavala to Samos?
The duration of the ferry trip from Kavala to Samos depends on the port of arrival you have chosen. Indicatively for Vathi the journey lasts close to 13 hours and for Karlovasi close to 15 hours. Due to the long duration, we recommend booking a cabin or airline seat to travel more comfortably.
How much is the ferry from Kavala to Samos?
The average cost for the single ferry ticket for the route Kavala - Samos is approximately 40€. However, the total cost can be higher or lower depending on reductions, offers, and seat or cabin type.
What’s the ferry schedule from Kavala to Samos?
There are around 4 weekly ferry crossings from Kavala to the ports of Samos. The earliest ferry usually departs at 09:00 and arrives in Vathi around 22:15. The last scheduled trip is at 18:00, reaching the port of Vathi at 07:30 and the port of Karlovasi at 08:40.
What’s the distance between from Kavala to Samos?
The distance between Kavala and Ikaria translates to 219 nautical miles (405 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Kavala to Samos?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
Try traditional recipes and drinks in Samos.
How can I book ferry tickets from Kavala to Samos?
On the updated platform of Ferryhopper you will find everything you need to organize the ferry trip from Kavala to Samos. Compare prices and departure schedules and book online ferry tickets at no extra cost!
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Kavala to Samos
- The port of Kavala is easily accessible as it is located near the city center and about 30 km from the airport.
- Most ferries that connect Kavala to Samos have garages for transporting vehicles.
- If you decide to bring along your car, we suggest you arrive at the port at least 45 minutes earlier.
- Samos is ideal for holidays but also for island hopping around the islands of the Northeast Aegean and the Turkish coast. Check the interactive Ferryhopper map and travel to Ikaria, Chios and Kusadasi.
- Samos has 2 ports connected to Kavala: Vathi and Karlovasi. For more information on arrival times and ports, please contact Ferryhopper's customer service team.