Ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Samos
Tickets & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Samos?
There are several and frequent weekly itineraries from Piraeus to both ports of Samos -Vathi and Karlovasi-. However, this can change depending on the season and weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry company that usually operates this route is Blue Star Ferries.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Samos?
TThe ferry trip from the port of Piraeus to Samos takes from 10 to 13 hours, depending on the port of arrival and vessel. For this reason, we suggest that you book a cabin or airline seat if you want to travel more comfortably and sleep during the trip.
How much is the ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Samos?
Ferry tickets from Piraeus to Samos start from 20€. However, the total cost can be higher or lower depending on reductions, offers, and seat or cabin type.
What’s the ferry schedule from Athens (Piraeus) to Samos?
There are around 8 weekly ferry crossings from Piraeus to Samos. The earliest ferry usually departs at 13:00 and arrives at Vathi around 23:35. The last scheduled trip is at 22:00, reaching the port of Vathi at 09:35 next morning. Ferries to Karlovasi usually depart at 17:00 and arrive after midnight.
What’s the distance between Athens (Piraeus) and Samos?
Samos is located 159 nautical miles (295 km) east of Piraeus.
Am I allowed to travel from Athens (Piraeus) to Samos?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
Swim in the turquoise waters by the green nature in Samos.
How can I book ferry tickets from Athens (Piraeus) to Samos?
On Ferryhopper you can find all ferry routes and compare all ferry services for the trip Piraeus - Samos. Book online ferry tickets in just a few clicks, with no extra cost!
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Athens (Piraeus) to Samos
- Keep in mind that if you go to the port of Piraeus by means of transport, you will need some time to reach the departure gate. You can contact the port authorities to find out the gate number.
- The vessels that serve the route Piraeus - Samos have a garage for transporting vehicles.
- The port of Piraeus is usually full of travelers throughout the summer season and many ferries can arrive or depart at the same time. We recommend that you be at the port at least 1 hour earlier, especially if you are traveling by car.
- You can combine your vacation in Samos with an island-hopping experience around the neighboring islands such as Chios, Lesvos and Ikaria. On our interactive map of ferries, you will easily find all the ferry connections of Samos.
- Samos has 3 ports: Karlovasi, Vathi and Pythagorion. To confirm the port of arrival but also for more information, the Ferryhopper customer service team is available to assist you.