Ferry from Santorini to Folegandros
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Santorini to Folegandros?
Am I allowed to travel from Santorini to Folegandros?
Yes, you can travel from Santorini to Folegandros by ferry at the moment. However, travel guidelines may change. So, make sure to check the latest updates on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece before your trip.
What's the ferry schedule from Santorini to Folegandros?
There are up to 2 daily ferry departures from the port of Santorini to Folegandros all year round. The earliest ferry departs at 09:00 and arrives at Folegandros at 11:00 while the latest crossing is at 17:30 and the ferry reaches the island at 19:30.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Santorini to Folegandros?
The ferry ticket price for the route Santorini - Folegandros start at €43. The ticket cost can be higher or lower depending on discounts, offers, and seat type.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry trip to Folegandros from Santorini. Take a look at our ferry routes, find the lowest prices, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at no extra cost.
Traveling from Santorini to Folegandros by ferry is easy, comfortable, and you can take advantage of lower-cost ferry tickets thanks to the available discounts. The ferry companies offer discounts of up to 50% to the following passenger categories:
- Children from 5 to 10 years old
- Permanent residents of islands (holders of Unique Islander Number)
- Students of Greek Public Universities
- People with disabilities and their accompanying persons
Note: infants and children up to 3 years travel for free. However, keep in mind that available discounts may vary depending on the company you’re traveling with.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Santorini to Folegandros?
The ferry trip from Santorini to Folegandros lasts from 50 min to 2 hr, depending on the vessel and the ferry company.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Santorini to Folegandros?
Yes, there are ferry companies that run the route Santorini - Folegandros with fast ferries, all year long. The fastest ferry takes about 50 min.
What's the distance between Santorini and Folegandros?
The distance between Santorini and Folegandros is 28 nautical miles (52km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Santorini to Folegandros
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Santorini to Folegandros:
- The port of Athinios in Santorini can get quite busy in the high season. Check our guide for Athinios port and get on time for your ferry!
- We recommend booking your return tickets to Santorini in advance, as they sell out fast.
- For more info on the island and holidays in Folegandros, please visit our relevant page.
- Folegandros is an ideal destination for vacation, but for island hopping as well! Check our Map of Ferries to discover the available ferry connections from Folegandros to Milos, Ios or Sikinos.
Where to take the ferry from Santorini to Folegandros?
You can catch the ferry to Folegandros from the port of Athinios in Santorini. Athinios Port is located on the western coast of Santorini, 8km from Fira and 20km from the village of Oia. You can get to the port of Athinios by bus, taxi or car.
Can I travel on the ferry from Santorini to Folegandros with a car?
Yes, some of the ferries traveling from Santorini to Folegandros have car decks for car and motorcycle transfer.
Each company operating the ferry route to Folegandros from Santorini has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- Minoan Lines allows each passenger to carry up to 2 pieces of luggage and 1 hand luggage.
- On Seajets ferries, passengers can bring single luggage weighing up to 50kg.
- On Golden Star Ferries, there is no weight limit for luggage, but it needs to be placed in the specified luggage trunks.
The trip to Folegandros isn’t very long, and many high-speed ferries don’t have cabins. For extra comfort during the journey, you can book a numbered seat.
You can travel with your pet on the ferry to Folegandros from Santorini, depending on the company and type of vessel you’ve chosen. Make sure to carry along the necessary certificates, tickets and any pet supplies you may need for your trip.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Santorini to Folegandros
On Ferryhopper, you can compare all available ferry schedules, ticket prices, and ferry companies on the ferry route from Santorini to Folegandros and book cheap ferry tickets online.