Ferry from Rhodes to Kos
Tickets & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Rhodes to Kos?
The ferry connection of Rhodes with Kos is daily throughout the year. In the winter, there is at least 1 itinerary per day, while in the summer 1 or 2 daily crossings. This can change depending on the season and weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry companies that mainly serve this line are Blue Star Ferries, Dodekanisos Seaways, and Saos Ferries.
How long is the ferry ride from Rhodes to Kos?
The route from Rhodes to Kos lasts around 2.5 hours by speedboat and 3-5 hours by conventional ferry. The duration of the trip varies depending mainly on the type of vessel and the ferry company.
How much is the ferry from Rhodes to Kos?
The average price for a standard ferry ticket for the route Rhodes - Katellorizo is 15€. However, the total cost can be higher or lower depending on reductions, offers, and seat or cabin type.
What’s the ferry schedule from Rhodes to Kos?
There are over 15 weekly ferry crossings from Rhodes to Kos. The earliest ferry usually departs at 08:30 and arrives in Kos around 11:00. The last scheduled trip is at 18:30, reaching the port at 22:00.
What’s the distance between Rhodes and Kos?
The port of Rhodes is 52 nautical miles (97 km) from the port of Kos.
Am I allowed to travel from Rhodes to Kos?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
Impressive site near palm trees in Kos.
How can I book ferry tickets from Rhodes to Kos?
On Ferryhopper you will find all the available itineraries to go by ferry from the port of Rhodes to Kos and the rest of the Dodecanese. Book online ferries to Kos quickly, easily and at the best prices!
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Rhodes to Kos
- The port of Rhodes is one of the largest in the Dodecanese and is easily accessible from the city center, either by car or by bus or on foot. The passenger port of Rhodes is close to many of the city’s attractions, and a 20-minute walk from the Rhodes Bus Station (1.5 km). As the port can be quite busy, especially in summer, we suggest you be there at least 45 minutes before the departure of your ferry. If you are traveling with your vehicle, it is a good idea to be at the port at least 1 hour before departure.
- If you are thinking of traveling from Rhodes to Kos this summer, it is a good idea to plan your trip in advance. Especially if you want to book a cabin, as the trip is long, it is good to book ferry tickets at least 1.5 months in advance.
- Kos has 3 ports: the port of Kos town on the east side of the island, Kardamena on the south side, and Mastichari on the northwest side. Usually, the routes from Rhodes to Kos are served by the main port of the city of Kos. If you are not sure about the arrival/departure port of your ship, we suggest that you contact the Port Authority of Kos or Rhodes in advance.
- Kos belongs to the Dodecanese and apart from being a beautiful holiday destination, it is also an ideal starting point for island-hopping. With a ticket under 10€, you can go by ferry from Kos to Kalymnos, Nisyros, Tilos or Lipsoi, while Kos is connected by regular routes with Santorini, Amorgos and Syros. On the Ferryhopper map of ferries, you will find all the ferry connections from Kos to organize your trip to the islands in the best way.
- Other popular itineraries from the port of Rhodes are those to cosmopolitan Patmos, charming Astypalea or beautiful Kastellorizo. You can find more information about the routes Rhodes - Patmos, Rhodes - Astypalea and Rhodes - Kastellorizo on our relevant pages.
- Any information you need about the itineraries and times of your trip, you can contact the Ferryhopper team.