Traveling from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Kos by ferry
The ferry route Athens (Piraeus)-Kos normally lasts from 9 hours to 12 hours and the cost starts from 20€. Check our summary with the latest data for ferries.
Ferry schedules from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Kos*
Is there a ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Kos?
Usually, there is at least 1 ferry crossing per day from Piraeus to Kos all year round. This can change depending on the season and the weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The route is served by conventional ferries and the ferry company that mainly runs this connection is Blue Star Ferries.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Kos?
The duration of the ferry ride can be from 9 hours to 12 hours depending on the vessel and its itinerary.
How much is the ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Kos?
The cost of a single ferry ticket starts from 20€ and can be up to 135€. The price depends on the itinerary as well as reductions, offers, seat type, or cabin selection.
What's the ferry schedule from Athens (Piraeus) to Kos?
There are daily ferry crossings from Piraeus to Kos all year round, with 1 or 2 ferries per day during the summer and at least 5 weekly sailings in the winter. The earliest ferry to Kos is around 12.00 and the latest ferry departures can be from 17.00 until midnight depending on the season. Many of the ferries in the route are overnight so you might want to consider booking a bed cabin.
What's the distance between Athens (Piraeus) and Kos?
The distance between the port of Piraeus in Athens and the port of Kos is 187 nautical miles (around 346 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Athens (Piraeus) to Kos?
Yes, you can currently travel freely within Greek destinations. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece please visit our relevant FAQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Athens (Piraeus) to Kos?
On Ferryhopper you can find available ferry schedules, ticket prices, and trip duration and book your ferry tickets to Kos online and at the best prices.
The crystal blue waters of Limnionas beach on the northwest coast of Kos.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Athens (Piraeus) to Kos:
- In such long ferry trips, bed cabins may sell out fast, especially during Easter or high-season so make sure you book well in advance.
- The port of Piraeus can get crowded during high season. We recommend arriving there at least 1 hour before your scheduled departure.
- Ferries to Kos and the Dodecanese usually depart from gate E1 in the port of Piraeus. Check our Piraeus port map to find out ways to reach your gate.
- This ferry route is great if you want to transfer your vehicle to Kos. Indicatively, vehicle tickets can be around 30€ for a motorbike and around 100€ for a car.
- The island of Kos has 3 ports: the port of Kos city, Mastichari, and Kardamena. Ferries from Athens travel to the port of the city of Kos.
- For more information about holidays in Kos, you can check our dedicated destination page.
- On our Map of ferries, you can find all available ferry connections from the ports of Kos to the Dodecanese, Cyclades, or Crete.