Ferry from Reggio Calabria to Messina
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Reggio Calabria to Messina?
Yes, there are several connections throughout the day all year round. The ferry companies that operate the Reggio Calabria - Messina ferry route are Liberty Lines with hydrofoils and Blu Jet with high-speed ferries.
There are about 17 daily ferries from Reggio Calabria to Messina.
What’s the ferry schedule from Reggio Calabria to Messina?
There is almost 1 ferry per hour from Reggio Calabria to Messina.
The earliest ferry leaves the port of Reggio at 06:40 and reaches Messina around 07:10. The latest departure should be at 20:55, with the ferry arriving in Messina at about 21:30.
Keep in mind that on weekends and holidays, there are fewer ferries. In this case, the first ship to Messina leaves Reggio Calabria at 08:40.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Reggio Calabria to Messina?
The price of a single ticket to travel by ferry from Reggio Calabria to Messina start at €3.50.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry trip to Messina from Reggio Calabria. Take a look at our ferry routes, find the lowest prices and best offers, and book cheap ferry tickets online on Ferryhopper.
On the ferry from Raggio Calabria to Messina, children up to 3-4 years old travel for free. There are also discounts for people with disabilities.
Additionally, you can enjoy discounts up to 20% with Blu Jet offering special passes for students, commuters, and travelers wishing to go on a day trip to Messina by ferry.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Reggio Calabria to Messina?
The ferry trip between Reggio Calabria and Messina lasts roughly 30 min.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Reggio Calabria to Messina?
The connections from Reggio Calabria to Messina are operated by high-speed hydrofoils.
What’s the distance between Reggio Calabria and Messina?
The distance between Reggio Calabria and Messina is 5.6 nautical miles (about 10 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Messina from Reggio Calabria
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Reggio Calabria to Messina:
- We advise you to get to the port of Reggio Calabria well in advance, especially on weekends and in high season.
- Keep in mind that the time of departure and arrival may vary depending on the port traffic and weather conditions.
- Travelers with reduced mobility will have to inform the company of their specific needs during the purchase of the ticket in order to get assistance on board.
- You can find ferries traveling to Sicily also from another Calabrian port: Villa San Giovanni. Check out the Villa San Giovanni - Messina ferry route for more info.
- Explore our Messina travel guide and discover what to do and see in this beautiful Sicilian town!
- From Reggio Calabria, you can also travel to the gorgeous Aeolian Islands, thanks to Liberty Lines's seasonal routes. Take a look at all available connections on our Map of ferries and plan the best itinerary for your trip hassle-free!
Where to take the ferry from Reggio Calabria to Messina?
Liberty Lines hydrofoils traveling from Reggio Calabria to Messina depart from Via Candeloro, while Blu Jet ships depart from Banchina Margottini.
In the area around the port you will find bars, restaurants, hotels, car rentals, and private parking lots. Reggio Calabria train station is about 3 km from the port and can be reached by bus in 20 min.
Can I travel on the ferry from Reggio Calabria to Messina with a car?
No, it’s not possible to board your car on the fast ferries traveling from Reggio Calabria to Messina.
Each company has its own baggage policy:
- On Liberty Lines hydrofoils you can carry hand luggage with maximum dimensions of 60x40x20 cm and a maximum weight of 10 kg. Young people traveling with a discounted ticket are allowed to board with 5 kg luggage.
- On Blu Jet high-speed ships, each passenger can board one hand luggage with maximum dimensions of 50x40x20 cm and a maximum weight of 10 kg.
There are no cabins on the ferries traveling from Reggio Calabria to Messina, given the short duration of the crossing.
On the Reggio Calabria - Messina ferry route you can bring your pet on board by including it in your reservation.
Small pets must travel in a pet carrier or cage, while the bigger ones must be kept on a leash and be muzzled.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Reggio Calabria to Messina
On Ferryhopper you can book your tickets from Reggio Calabria to Messina easily and quickly. Check all available routes in our search engine, compare companies and schedules, and book your ferry to Southern Italy hassle-free!