Ferry from Porto Santo Stefano to Giannutri
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Porto Santo Stefano to Giannutri?
The Porto Santo Stefano - Giannutri ferry route is active throughout the year and it is available with up to 4 weekly connections. The route is operated by the ferry company of Maregiglio.
Am I allowed to travel from Porto Santo Stefano to Giannutri?
Yes, it is currently possible to travel from Porto Santo Stefano to Giannutri. Take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy, including all the documents required for your journey.
What’s the ferry schedule from Porto Santo Stefano to Giannutri?
Usually, the ferry to Giannutri departs at 10:00 from Porto Santo Stefano and arrives at its destination around 11:00.
Tip: please note that the Porto Santo Stefano to Giannutri ferry schedule is subject to change. You can check real-time schedules and ferry ticket prices for the crossing on Ferryhopper.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Porto Santo Stefano to Giannutri?
A one-way ticket for the ferry from Porto Santo Stefano to Giannutri costs about €11. The final ticket price depends on the season, discounts, offers, and seat type.
Take advantage of the available discounts and travel from Porto Santo Stefano to Giannutri with lower-cost ferry tickets. The ferry company offers discounts to children, infants and residents.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Porto Santo Stefano to Giannutri?
The Porto Santo Stefano - Giannutri ferry crossing takes about 1 hr.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Porto Santo Stefano to Giannutri?
The connection from Porto Santo Stefano to Giannutri is only operated by conventional ferries that take 1 hr to reach the island.
What’s the distance between Porto Santo Stefano and Giannutri?
The distance between Porto Santo Stefano and Giannutri is 11 nautical miles (about 21km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Ferry Porto Santo Stefano - Giannutri: useful tips for your trip
Here, you can find some of our top travel tips for the ferry to Giannutri:
- During peak season and on weekends, we recommend that you arrive at the port of Porto Santo Stefano at least 1 hr before departure to avoid delays and overcrowding.
- From April to October, the Maregiglio company also offers 1-day mini-cruises to Giannutri with departure and arrival in Porto Santo Stefano.
- Ferries from Porto Santo Stefano arrive at the port of Cala Spalmatoio in Giannutri. The island's other small port is at Cala Maestra and can be reached on foot in about 15 min.
- In addition to ferries to Giannutri, you can also reach Giglio Island from Porto Santo Stefano. Take a look at the Porto Santo Stefano - Giglio ferry connection and discover the entire Tuscan Archipelago!
- Giannutri Island is part of the Tuscan Archipelago National Park, so if you want to visit the island’s hiking trails, this is only allowed in the company of an official park guide.
Where to take the ferry from Porto Santo Stefano to Giannutri
Ferries to Giannutri depart from Piazzale Candi in the Porto del Valle. This is the main port of Porto Santo Stefano and also the most important in the province of Grosseto.
Since it is located near the town center, you will find several bars, restaurants and clubs close to the port. Also, within walking distance of the port is the beautiful Argentario Aquarium, a must-visit!
Can I travel on the ferry from Porto Santo Stefano to Giannutri with a car?
On the island of Giannutri there are no roads accessible to vehicles. The only vehicles that can be unloaded in Giannutri are those of residents and authorized businesses.
If you’re traveling by car, you can take advantage of the long-term parking lots near the port of Porto Santo Stefano.
- The ferry company Maregiglio allows each passenger to carry one 10kg carry-on bag of a size not exceeding 60x40x20cm.
Given the short duration of the Porto Santo Stefano - Giannutri route, there are no cabins on the ferries.
You can travel with your pet on the ferry to Giannutri from Porto Santo Stefano. In order to be allowed on board, all pets should hold a ticket. Dogs on board must have a leash and muzzle.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Porto Santo Stefano to Giannutri?
At the moment, it is not possible to book Porto Santo Stefano - Giannutri tickets on Ferryhopper. For now, you can check out our Map of ferries and find out all the available connections to the other islands of the Tuscan Archipelago.