Ferry from Porto Empedocle to Lampedusa
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Porto Empedocle to Lampedusa?
Yes, the Porto Empedocle - Lampedusa ferry route is active throughout the year and it is available with up to 2 daily connections but during summer there are additional ferry connections.
The route is operated by the ferry companies Liberty Lines, Siremar and Traghetti delle Isole.
What’s the ferry schedule from Porto Empedocle to Lampedusa?
Usually, the earliest ferry to Lampedusa departs at 09:30 and reaches the island at around 18:40. The latest ferry departs from Porto Empedocle at 23:00, arriving in Lampedusa at 08:45 the following day.
Keep in mind that from June to October, a hydrofoil connection is added, departing at 14:30 from Porto Empedocle and arriving at 18:45 in Lampedusa.
Useful info: ferries from Porto Empedocle make a stop at the island of Linosa for 15 or 30 min before continuing to Lampedusa.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Porto Empedocle to Lampedusa?
Porto Empedocle - Lampedusa ferry tickets start at about €52. The final ticket price depends on the company chosen, the season and the seat type.
Take advantage of the available discounts and travel by ferry rom Porto Empedocle to Lampedusa with lower-cost ferry tickets. The ferry companies offer discounts to children and residents of the islands.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Porto Empedocle to Lampedusa?
The Porto Empedocle - Lampedusa ferry crossing can last from 4 hr 15 min to 9 hr 45 min depending on the operator chosen.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Porto Empedocle to Lampedusa?
The route from Porto Empedocle to Lampedusa is also operated by fast hydrofoils that take almost 4 hr 15 min to reach the island.
What’s the distance between Porto Empedocle and Lampedusa?
The distance between Porto Empedocle and Lampedusa is 118 nautical miles (approximately 218 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Lampedusa from Porto Empedocle
Here, you can find some of our top travel tips for the ferry to Lampedusa:
- During peak season and on weekends, we recommend that you arrive at the port of Porto Empedocle in advance, especially if you plan to board your vehicle.
- The Rabbit Beach in Lampedusa is among the most beautiful in the world! It’s also part of a marine protected area that can only be accessed during the day.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances, the ferry schedules from Porto Empedocle to Lampedusa may change. Make sure to confirm your ferry’s departure time. You can also track your ferry in real-time on the Ferryhopper app!
- Before your holidays in Lampedusa, you should stop in nearby Linosa. Take a look at the ferries from Porto Empedocle to Linosa and plan your island-hopping adventure!
Where to take the ferry from Porto Empedocle to Lampedusa
Ferries to Lampedusa depart from the West Pier in Porto Empedocle.
The port of Porto Empedocle is right in the city center and only a 10 min walk from the train station. Here you can find various services: bars, restaurants, pizzerias, grocery stores, stores, parking lots, and rentals.
Can I travel on the ferry from Porto Empedocle to Lampedusa with a car?
Yes, you can board motor vehicles on ferries to Lampedusa, but with some restrictions in compliance with environmental regulations:
For non-permanent residents of the Pelagie Islands, the influx and circulation of motor vehicles are usually prohibited from June to October. Learn more about vehicle regulations on ferries in Italy to better plan your trip.
Depending on the company, the following conditions apply to luggage transport:
- On the hydrofoils of Liberty Lines, each passenger can carry up to 10 kg of hand luggage with maximum dimensions of 60x40x20 cm. Young travelers entitled to discount tickets can carry up to 5 kg of luggage.
- Siremar and Traghetti delle Isole allow each passenger to board with a piece of hand luggage up to 20 kg.
If you want to travel from Porto Empedocle to Lampedusa and enjoy maximum comfort, you should know that you can book cabins, which are only available on conventional ferries.
You can travel with your pet on the Porto Empedocle - Lampedusa ferries. You will need to fill out the necessary information and pay an additional fee when booking your tickets.
Keep in mind that small pets must be transported in a carrier or cage. As for those of medium/large size, they must wear a muzzle and be held on a leash.
On some vessels, there are also specially reserved areas for passengers with accompanying animals and on-board kennels.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Porto Empedocle to Lampedusa
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Porto Empedocle to Lampedusa online on Ferryhopper. On our Map of ferries, you can see all the available ferry connections, compare ferry companies and fares, and book your ferry tickets to Lampedusa with just a few clicks.