Ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Kastellorizo
Tickets & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Kastellorizo?
There are 2-3 ferry services during the week to Kastellorizo with departures occurring in the afternoon. However, this can change depending on the season and weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry company that usually operates this route is Blue Star Ferries.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Kastellorizo?
The ferry trip from the port of Piraeus to that of Kastellorizo lasts approximately 20-22 hours. For this reason, we suggest booking a cabin or airline seat if you want to travel more comfortably and sleep during the trip.
How much is the ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Kastellorizo?
Ferry tickets from Piraeus to Kastellorizo start from 20€. However, the total cost can be higher or lower depending on reductions, offers, and seat or cabin type.
What’s the ferry schedule from Athens (Piraeus) to Kastellorizo?
There are at least 2-3 weekly ferry crossings from Piraeus to Kastellorizo. The ferry usually departs at noon and arrives in Kastellorizo around 11:00, the next morning.
What’s the distance between Athens (Piraeus) and Kastellorizo?
The port of Piraeus is located close to 305 nautical miles (566 km) from Kastellorizo.
Am I allowed to travel from Athens (Piraeus) to Kastellorizo?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
Colorful boats near the port of Kastellorizo.
How can I book ferry tickets from Athens (Piraeus) to Kastellorizo?
On Ferryhopper you will find all ferry services from Piraeus to Kastellorizo easily and quickly. Compare prices and times and book online ferry tickets in just 4 clicks.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Athens (Piraeus) to Kastellorizo
- The port of Piraeus is usually full of travelers during the whole summer season and many ferries can arrive or depart at the same time. We suggest you be at the port at least 1 hour earlier, while you can ask the port authorities for information about your ferry.
- If you go to the port of Piraeus by means of transport, don’t forget that you will need some time to reach the departure gate. For example, the gate for ferries to Kastellorizo is E1, which is about a 25-minute walk from the metro / suburban station. You can also take the free bus to the port of Piraeus, which runs all day to the departure gates.
- Due to the long journey, most of the vessels have cabins, air seats and garages for transporting vehicles.
- Kastellorizo is the easternmost island of Greece and is located near Rhodes and just a few minutes from the Turkish coast. You can get on the Ferryhopper map and see all ferry routes from Kastellorizo.
- For any additional information about the trip from Piraeus to Kastellorizo, you can contact the Ferryhopper customer service team!