Traveling from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Chios by ferry
The ferry route Athens (Piraeus) - Chios normally takes from 7.5 to 10 hours and costs start at 20€. Check our summary with the latest data for ferries.
Ferry schedules from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Chios*
Is there a ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Chios?
During the week, there are more than 7 crossings from Piraeus to Chios. Most often the ferries depart in the afternoon or evening and arrive in Chios early in the next morning. However, this can change depending on the season and weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry company that usually operates this route is Blue Star Ferries.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Chios?
The ferry trip from the port of Piraeus to that of Chios takes from 7.5 to 10 hours. For this reason, we suggest booking a cabin or airline seat if you want to travel more comfortably and sleep during the trip.
How much is the ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Chios?
Ferry tickets for the route Piraeus - Chios start from 20€, while the usual price is about 36-45€. However, the total cost can be higher or lower depending on reductions, offers, and seat or cabin type.
What’s the ferry schedule from Athens (Piraeus) to Chios?
There are around 7-10 weekly ferry crossings from Piraeus to Chios. The earliest ferry usually departs at 14:00 and arrives at around 02:40, after midnight. The last scheduled trip is at 20:00, reaching the port of Chios at 05:20, the next morning.
What’s the distance between Athens (Piraeus) and Chios?
The distance between the port of Piraeus and Chios is about 122 nautical miles (226 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Athens (Piraeus) to Chios?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
Traditional village with stone buildings in Chios.
How can I book ferry tickets from Athens (Piraeus) to Chios?
On the Ferryhopper platform, you will see and compare all ferry routes Piraeus - Chios, prices and departure schedules. Book online ferry tickets cheaply and quickly.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Athens (Piraeus) to Chios
- The port of Piraeus is usually full of travelers during the whole summer season and many ferries can arrive or depart at the same time. We suggest you be at the port at least 1 hour earlier, while you can ask the port authorities for information about your ferry.
- If you go to the port of Piraeus by means of transport, don’t forget that you will need some time to reach the departure gate. For example, the gate for ferries to Chios is E2, which is about a 25-minute walk from the metro / suburban station. You can also take the free bus to the port of Piraeus, which runs all day to the departure gates.
- Due to the long journey, most of the vessels have cabins, air seats and garages for transporting vehicles.
- Apart from holidays, Chios is ideal for island-hopping as it is connected to Samos, Lesvos and Ikaria. In the interactive map of Ferryhopper, you will easily find all the ferry connections of Chios.
- For any additional information regarding the trip from Piraeus to Chios, you can contact the Ferryhopper customer service team.