Traveling from Kavala to Chios by ferry
The ferry route Kavala - Chios normally takes from 10h to 15h and costs start at 35€. Check our summary with the latest data for ferries.
Ferry schedules from Kavala to Chios*
Is there a ferry from Kavala to Chios?
Throughout the year you can find 3 weekly itineraries from Kavala to the main port of Chios. This can change depending on the season and weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. This ferry connection is usually operated by Blue Star Ferries.
How long is the ferry ride from Kavala to Chios?
The journey from Kavala to Chios lasts from about 10 hours and 30 minutes to 15 hours. The duration of the trip varies depending mainly on the type of vessel and the ferry company.
How much is the ferry from Kavala to Chios?
The average cost for the single ferry ticket for the route Kavala - Chios is close to 35€. However, the total cost can be higher or lower depending on reductions, offers, and seat or cabin type.
What’s the ferry schedule from Kavala to Chios?
There are around 3 weekly ferry crossings from Kavala to Chios. The earliest ferry usually departs at 09:00 and arrives in Chios around 19:30. The last scheduled trip is at 18:00, reaching the main port of Chios at 04:45 next morning.
What’s the distance between from Kavala to Chios?
The distance between Kavala and Chios is about 174 nautical miles (321 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Kavala to Chios?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
Afternoon at the beach in Chios.
How can I book ferry tickets from Kavala to Chios?
Get on the Ferryhopper and plan the ferry trip from Kavala to Chios easily and quickly. Compare prices and times and book online the cheapest ferry tickets to Chios!
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Kavala to Chios
- The port of Kavala is easily accessible as it is located near the city center and about 30 km from the airport.
- Most ferries that connect Kavala to Chios have garages for transporting vehicles.
- If you decide to bring along your car, we suggest you arrive at the port at least 45 minutes earlier.
- Chios is one of the largest islands in the Aegean and is ideal for island hopping around the neighboring islands but also for excursions to the Turkish coast. Check the Ferryhopper interactive map and travel to Lesvos, Samos and Cesme.
- For any questions about the ferry trip Kavala - Chios, you can contact the Ferryhopper customer service team.