Traveling from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Hydra by ferry
There are at least 2 daily ferry crossings from Piraeus to Hydra, all year round, with ferry trip duration from 1,5 hours to 2 hours. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Ferry schedules from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Hydra*
Is there a ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Hydra?
During the whole year, there are at least 2 direct ferries per day traveling from the port of Piraeus to Hydra. The route is served by high-speed ferries (flying dolphins), usually operated by Blue Star Ferries. Schedules can change depending on the season and the weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Hydra?
The ferry journey between may last from 1,5 hours to 2 hours depending on the ferry and its scheduled itinerary.
How much is the ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Hydra?
The price of a one-way ferry ticket starts at about 28€. The final price depends on reductions, offers, seat type, or ferry company.
What's the ferry schedule from Athens (Piraeus) to Hydra?
The first available ferry from Piraeus to Hydra usually departs at around 09.00 or 10.00 and the last one at around 18.00 in the afternoon. During the summer months, there are at least 5 ferry crossings per day on this route, while in the winter there are 1-2 ferries per day. Usually, the ferries that travel from Athens to Hydra, also pass by the island of Poros.
What is the distance from Athens (Piraeus) to Hydra?
The distance between the port of Piraeus (Athens) and Hydra is about 37 nautical miles (approximately 68 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Athens (Piraeus) to Hydra?
Yes, you can currently travel by ferry to all Greek destinations. For travel mobility and the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, you can check our relevant FAQ page.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Athens (Piraeus) to Hydra?
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available ferry schedules from Athens to Hydra and book your ferry tickets online. easy and fast.
The port of Hydra with its signature architecture and colors.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Athens (Piraeus) to Hydra
- The port of Piraeus can get crowded during high season so make sure that you arrive at the port at least 45 minutes before your departure.
- Ferries to Hydra and the Saronic Islands usually depart from gate E8. If you have any questions about your departure gate or your ferry do not hesitate to ask the port authorities personnel.
- Hydra is a car-free island! Most of the island transport happens via water-taxis, bicycles, and on foot.
- Hydra is a popular destination for weekend getaways. We, therefore, recommend that you book your accommodation and ferry tickets in advance.
- Many of the beaches in Hydra are accessible on foot or with a water-taxi. For more information about holidays in Hydra, visit our dedicated page.
- From Hydra, you can cross by ferry to other nearby islands. Check our Map of ferries for all direct and indirect ferry connections in the Saronic Gulf.
- Traveling to Hydra is a great idea for a day trip from Athens. Find more ideas about day trips from Athens at our blog post.