Traveling from Thessaloniki to Lesbos by ferry
Now, the seasonal ferry connection from Thessaloniki to the Aegean Islands is back on track! The ferry route Thessaloniki - Lesbos runs every Saturday and ferry costs start at €36.5. Check our summary with the latest data for ferries
Ferry schedules from Thessaloniki to Lesbos*
Is there a ferry from Thessaloniki to Lesbos?
At this moment, you can find 1 weekly ferry route that connects Thessaloniki to the island of Lesbos in the North Aegean. The ferry company that currently operates this crossing is Blue Star Ferries.
Please note that the ferry connection between Thessaloniki and Lesbos is served seasonally and schedules may be changed or canceled. For this reason, always check our fare search engine to find up-to-date data for ferries and itineraries.
How long is the ferry ride from Thessaloniki to Lesbos?
The ferry ride from the city of Thessaloniki to the port of Mytilene in Lesbos lasts around 13 hours.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Thessaloniki to Lesbos?
No, unfortunately, the crossing Thessaloniki - Lesbos is not served by fast ferries.
How much is the ferry from Thessaloniki to Lesbos?
The ferry ticket for the route Thessaloniki to Lesbos costs €36.5 for a deck/lounge seat. The ticket price can be higher or lower depending on discounts, offers, seat type, cabin selection and vehicle transportation.
What's the ferry schedule from Thessaloniki to Lesbos?
In 2021, for the periods from March 1st to June 6th and from September 6th to December 31st, you can find 1 weekly ferry itinerary from Thessaloniki to Lesbos, every Saturday. The ferry departs at 21:00 and reaches the port of Mytilene around 10:00 the next morning.
What's the distance between Thessaloniki and Lesbos?
The distance between the ports of Thessaloniki and Lesbos is around 213 nautical miles (395km).
Am I allowed to travel from Thessaloniki to Lesbos?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Thessaloniki to Lesbos?
Ready to travel from North Greece to the Aegean Islands? On Ferryhopper you will find all ferry itineraries Thessaloniki - Lesbos along with their schedules. Book online now ferry tickets for Mytilene at no extra cost!
Strolling around the port of Mytilene in Lesbos
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Thessaloniki to Lesbos
- We recommend that you arrive at the port of Thessaloniki at least 1.5 hours before departure, especially if you’re traveling with a car to Lesbos.
- The port of Thessaloniki is located near the city center and reaching it in peak hours can take some time. If you go by car, you are advised to take into account the traffic jam that you may face.
- The route Thessaloniki - Lesbos is a perfect way to transport your vehicle from Northern Greece to the Greek islands and explore every corner of them. Indicatively, vehicle tickets can be around €23.5 for a motorbike and around €118 for a car.
- You can find more information and details regarding holidays in Lesbos on our relevant page.
- Lesbos is ideal for organizing island hopping to the other islands of the North Aegean like Samos or Chios. On our Map of Ferries, you can find all ferry connections and travel combinations from Lesbos to plan your vacations easily!.
Where to take the ferry from Thessaloniki to Lesbos?
You can take the ferry to Lesbos from the port of Thessaloniki near the city center. The port is located approximately 16km from Thessaloniki International Airport “Makedonia” and 1km from the railway station. Getting to the port of Thessaloniki is very easy as there are frequent bus services and taxis. For those who want to reach the port by car, there is the port parking space 500m from the port gate.
Ferry companies in Greece are usually quite flexible when it comes to luggage size and weight. You can keep your luggage next to you or store your bags and suitcases in the designated luggage area on the ferry to Lesbos.
Good to know: bear in mind that there is no check-in procedure for luggage items.
Tip: each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. We recommend that you don’t carry more than 50 kg of luggage to avoid delays due to restricted space in the luggage area.
The vessel Blue Star Chios has cabins with beds that provide a comfortable journey. Due to the overnight trip and the long ferry ride, we suggest that you book a cabin to have more privacy and sleep well.