Ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Lesbos (Mytilene)
Tickets & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Lesbos (Mytilene)?
There is at least 1 nighttime route per day, from the port of Piraeus to the port of Mytilene. In the summer, due to increased demand, one more crossing is added. This can change depending on season and weather, but you can find up-to-date information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry company that usually operates this route is Blue Star Ferries.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Lesbos (Mytilene)?
The ferry trip from the port of Piraeus to Mytilene takes from 10 to 13 hr. For this reason, we suggest booking a cabin or a numbered seat if you want to travel more comfortably and sleep during the trip.
How much is the ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Lesbos (Mytilene)?
Standard ferry tickets from Piraeus to Mytilini start at €20. However, the cost can be higher or lower depending on reductions, offers and seat or cabin type.
What’s the ferry schedule from Athens (Piraeus) to Lesbos (Mytilene)?
There are around 7 weekly ferry crossings from Piraeus to Lesbos. The earliest ferry usually departs at 13:00 and arrives at around 23:30. The last scheduled trip is at 20:00, reaching the port of Mytilene at 07:45 the next morning.
What’s the distance between Athens (Piraeus) and Lesbos (Mytilene)?
The port of Mytilene in Lesbos is located about 155 nautical miles (287km) from the port of Piraeus.
Am I allowed to travel from Athens (Piraeus) to Lesbos (Mytilene)?
Yes, you are currently allowed to travel within Greece. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our FAQ section.
Natural landscape of wild beauty in Lesbos.
How can I book ferry tickets from Athens (Piraeus) to Lesbos (Mytilene)?
On Ferryhopper, you can find all ferry routes and compare all ferry services for the trip Piraeus - Mytilene. Book ferry tickets online in just a few clicks with no extra cost!
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Athens (Piraeus) to Lesbos (Mytilene)
- During the summer, the port of Piraeus is usually very crowded, as many ferries can arrive or depart at the same time. We suggest that you arrive at the port at least 1 hr before your departure. You can ask the Port Authority for information about your ferry.
- If you choose to get to the port of Piraeus by public transport, bear in mind that you will probably need some time to reach the departure gate. For example, the gate for ferries to Mytilene is E2, which is a 25-minute walk from the metro station. There is also a free shuttle bus operating within the port of Piraeus, which runs all day.
- The route Piraeus - Mytilene is quite popular and cabins can sell out quickly, especially during the summer. We therefore recommend booking tickets 3 to 4 months before the trip.
- Since the journey is quite long, most vessels have cabins and air seats. There are also car decks for transporting vehicles.
- From Lesbos, you can easily organize your island hopping in Samos, Chios and Ikaria! You can see all available routes on Ferryhopper's Map of ferries!
- Mytilene is not the only port in Lesbos. There is another one in Sigri, which is connected to the port of Piraeus during the summer.
- For additional information regarding the trip from Piraeus to Mytilene, you can contact Ferryhopper's customer service team.