Traveling from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Lesvos (Mytilini) by ferry
The ferry route Athens (Piraeus) - Lesvos (Mytilini) normally takes from 10h to 13h and costs start at 20€. Check our summary with the latest data for ferries.
Ferry schedules from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Lesvos (Mytilini)*
Is there a ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Lesvos (Mytilini)?
There is at least 1 nighttime route per day, from the port of Piraeus to the port of Mytilini. In summer, due to increased demand, another additional crossing is added. However, this can change depending on the season and weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry company that usually operates this route is Blue Star Ferries.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Lesvos (Mytilini)?
The ferry trip from the port of Piraeus to that of Mytilini takes from 10 to 13 hours. For this reason, we suggest booking a cabin or airline seat if you want to travel more comfortably and sleep during the trip.
How much is the ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Lesvos (Mytilini)?
Ferry tickets from Piraeus to Mytilini start from 20€. However, the total cost can be higher or lower depending on reductions, offers, and seat or cabin type.
What’s the ferry schedule from Athens (Piraeus) to Lesvos (Mytilini)?
There are around 7 weekly ferry crossings from Piraeus to Lesvos. The earliest ferry usually departs at 13:00 and arrives at around 23:30. The last scheduled trip is at 20:00, reaching the port of Mytilini at 07:45 the next morning.
What’s the distance between Athens (Piraeus) and Lesvos (Mytilini)?
The port of Mytilene in Lesvos is located about 155 nautical miles (287 km) from the port of Piraeus.
Am I allowed to travel from Athens (Piraeus) to Lesvos (Mytilini)?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
Natural landscape of wild beauty in Lesvos.
How can I book ferry tickets from Athens (Piraeus) to Lesvos (Mytilini)?
On Ferryhopper you can find all ferry routes and compare all ferry services for the trip Piraeus - Mytilini. Book online ferry tickets in just a few clicks, with no extra cost!
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Athens (Piraeus) to Lesvos (Mytilini)
- The port of Piraeus is usually full of travelers during the whole summer season and many ferries can arrive or depart at the same time. We suggest you be at the port at least 1 hour earlier, while you can ask the port authorities for information about your ferry.
- If you go to the port of Piraeus by means of transport, don’t forget that you will need some time to reach the departure gate. For example, the gate for ferries to Mytilini is E2, which is about a 25-minute walk from the metro / suburban station. You can also take the free bus to the port of Piraeus, which runs all day to the departure gates.
- The route Piraeus - Mytilini is quite popular and options such as cabins run out quickly, especially during the summer months. We recommend booking tickets 3 to 4 months before the trip, to avoid last-minute overcrowding.
- Due to the long journey, most of the vessels have cabins, air seats and garages for transporting vehicles.
- You can easily organize island hopping in Samos, Chios and Ikaria from Lesvos! Get on the Ferryhopper map of ferries and see all the options!
- Apart from the port of Mytilini, Lesvos has a second one in Sigri, which is connected to the port of Piraeus during the summer months.
- For any additional information regarding the trip from Piraeus to Mytilini, you can contact the Ferryhopper customer service team!