Ferry from Thessaloniki to Fourni
Tickets & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Thessaloniki to Fourni?
For now, you can find 1 weekly ferry route that connects Thessaloniki to Fourni in the North Aegean. The ferry company that currently operates this crossing is Blue Star Ferries.
Please note that the ferry connection between Thessaloniki and Fourni is served seasonally and schedules may be changed or canceled. For this reason, always check our fare search engine to find up to date data for ferries and itineraries.
How long is the ferry ride from Thessaloniki to Fourni?
The duration of the ferry journey from the city of Thessaloniki to the main port of Fourni is a little less than 1 day.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Thessaloniki to Fourni?
No, unfortunately, the crossing Thessaloniki - Fourni is not served by fast ferries.
How much is the ferry from Thessaloniki to Fourni?
The cost of a standard deck ferry ticket for the route Thessaloniki to Fourni is €47. The ticket price can be higher or lower depending on discounts, offers, seat type, cabin selection and vehicle transportation.
What's the ferry schedule from Thessaloniki to Fourni?
In 2021, for the periods from March 1st to June 6th and from September 6th to December 31st, you can find 1 weekly ferry itinerary from Thessaloniki to Fourni, every Saturday. The ferry departs at 21:00 and reaches the main port of Fourni approximately at 20:30 the next evening.
What's the distance between Thessaloniki and Fourni?
The distance between the port of Thessaloniki and the island of Fourni is around 256 nautical miles (475km).
Am I allowed to travel from Thessaloniki to Fourni?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Thessaloniki to Fourni?
On the Ferryhopper search engine, you will find all real-time data for the ferry route Thessaloniki - Fourni. Check all information on schedules and prices and book online ferry tickets to Fourni at no extra cost!
Traditional white chapel next to a crystal bay in Fournoi
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Thessaloniki to Fourni
- We recommend that you arrive at the port of Thessaloniki at least 1.5 hours before departure, especially if you’re traveling with a car to Fourni.
- The port of Thessaloniki is located near the city center and reaching it in peak hours can take some time. If you go by car, you are advised to take into account the traffic jam that you may face.
- The route Thessaloniki - Fourni is a perfect way to transport your vehicle from Northern Greece to the Greek islands and explore every corner of them. Indicatively, vehicle tickets can be around €27 for a motorbike and around €133 for a car.
- You can find more information and details regarding holidays in Fourni on our relevant page.
- Fourni is next to Ikaria and Samos and it is a great opportunity to visit them as well. On our Map of Ferries, you can plan island hopping from Fourni to other Aegean Islands in just a few steps!
Where to take the ferry from Thessaloniki to Fourni?
You can take the ferry to Fourni from the port of Thessaloniki near the city center. The port is located approximately 16km from Thessaloniki International Airport “Makedonia” and 1km from the railway station. Getting to the port of Thessaloniki is very easy as there are frequent bus services and taxis. For those who want to reach the port by car, there is the port parking space 500m from the port gate.
Ferry companies in Greece are usually quite flexible when it comes to luggage size and weight. You can keep your luggage next to you or store your bags and suitcases in the designated luggage area on the ferry to Fourni.
Good to know: bear in mind that there is no check-in procedure for luggage items.
Tip: each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. We recommend that you don’t carry more than 50 kg of luggage to avoid delays due to restricted space in the luggage area.
The vessel Blue Star Chios has cabins with beds that provide a comfortable journey. Due to the overnight trip and the long ferry ride, we suggest that you book a cabin to have more privacy and sleep well.