Ferry from Stockholm to Turku
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Stockholm to Turku?
Yes, there is. The Stockholm- Turku ferry route is available all year round, with up to 4 daily crossings in the summer months. In the autumn and winter months, there are usually 2 ferry crossings a day.
The route is operated by the ferry companies Viking Line and Tallink.
Am I allowed to travel from Stockholm to Turku?
Yes, it is possible to travel from Stockholm to Turku. Before your trip, check the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel between Sweden and Finland, including all necessary documents.
What’s the ferry schedule from Stockholm to Turku?
At the moment, the Stockholm - Turku ferry route is normally operated 2 times a day.
The first ferry from Stockholm usually departs at 07:45, reaching Turku at 19:50. The last ferry normally leaves Stockholm at 20:00 and arrives in Turku at 07:35 the next morning.
Tip: bear in mind that ferry timetables may change. Therefore, make sure to check your travel time before your trip. You can also track your ferry in real time on the Ferryhopper App!
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Stockholm to Turku?
Stockholm - Turku ferry tickets start from €34. The final ticket price depends on vehicle and cabin selection, discounts and offers.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry trip to Turku from Stockholm. Take a look at our ferry routes, find the lowest prices and best offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper with no hidden fees.
Current offers will be automatically applied when booking your ferry tickets.
Take advantage of the available discounts and travel by ferry from Stockholm to Turku with lower-cost ferry tickets. Ferry companies offer special discounts for specific passenger categories, such as:
- Children and teens
- Eurail and Interrail Pass holders
- Large groups of travelers
Note: infants and toddlers up to 5 years normally travel for free. However, bear in mind that discounts may vary from one company to another.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Stockholm to Turku?
The average duration of the ferry ride from Stockholm to Turku is around 12 hr.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Stockholm to Turku?
The ferries operating the route from Stockholm to Turku are normally conventional. The fastest ferry reaches Turku in approximately 11 hr 25 min.
What’s the distance between Stockholm and Turku?
The distance between the port of Stockholm in Sweden and the port of Turku in Finland is around 175 nautical miles (approximately 324 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Turku from Stockholm
Have a look at our travel tips for your trip from Stockholm to Turku:
- In the busy months from May to September, we recommend arriving at the port of Stockholm well in advance to avoid delays. The same applies to ferry trips on weekends.
- When you arrive at the port of Turku, you can continue your journey right away via the Turku Harbor train station. This way, you can reach Helsinki or Pieksämäki directly. The station is only a 100-meter walk from the ferry terminal and the train departures are scheduled according to the ferries’ arrival times.
- From the port of Turku, you can get to the Turku city center by bus 1 in around 20 minutes, or by taxi or car in approximately 10 minutes.
Where to take the ferry from Stockholm to Turku
Ferries to Turku depart from the port of Stockholm, which is about 3 km from the city center. The port of Stockholm comprises a number of port areas: Värtahamnen, Frihamnen, Stadsgården, and Skeppsbron.
The ferry company Viking Line usually departs from the ferry terminal Stadsgården, while Tallink from Värtahamnen. Stadsgårdskajen is located a short walk from the Old Town, while Värtahamnen can be reached from the city center by bus 76 in about 15-20 minutes.
Can I travel on the ferry from Stockholm to Turku with a car?
Yes, ferries operating on the Stockholm - Turku connection have car decks so you can transfer your vehicle.
During your ferry trip from Stockholm to Turku, you can keep your luggage next to you or store it in the ferry’s designated luggage area. Alternatively, you can rent a locker for your luggage.
Good to know: bear in mind that there is no check-in procedure for luggage items.
Tip: we recommend that you don’t carry over 50 kg with you in order to avoid delays when boarding the ferry.
Ferries traveling from Stockholm to Turku have many types of cabins available, from simple one-bed ones to premium options.
Pets are welcome on Stockholm - Turku ferries, depending on the company you travel with:
- On Tallink ferries, there are specially designed cabins and an onboard kennel for pets. Pets are allowed at the outside deck areas of the vessels as long as they wear leash or stay in a carrier.
- On Viking Line ferries, pets are allowed at an additional charge. They can travel at the outside deck areas of the vessels as long as they wear a leash or stay in a carrier. They can also stay in cabins.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Stockholm to Turku?
Online on Ferryhopper, of course! Use our Map of ferries to visualize and plan your Stockholm - Turku ferry trip. Compare ferry companies and fares, and book your ferry trip with no extra fees!