Ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Kalymnos
Tickets & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Kalymnos?
Usually, there are almost 5 ferry crossings per week from Piraeus to Kalymnos all year round. This can change depending on the season and the weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The route is served by conventional ferries and the ferry company that mainly runs this connection is Blue Star Ferries.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Kalymnos?
The duration of the ferry ride is around 11 hours depending on the vessel and its itinerary.
How much is the ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Kalymnos?
The cost of a single ferry ticket Piraeus - Kalymnos starts from 20€. However, the total cost can be higher or lower depending on reductions, offers, and seat or cabin type.
What's the ferry schedule from Athens (Piraeus) to Kalymnos?
There are weekly ferry crossings from Piraeus to Kalymnos all year round, at least 5 weekly sailings. The earliest ferry to Kalymnos is around 13:00 and the latest ferry departures can be from 18:00 reaching the port in Kalymnos at 5:00, the next morning.
What's the distance between Athens (Piraeus) and Kalymnos?
The distance between the port of Piraeus in Athens and the port of Kalymnos is 168 nautical miles (around 311 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Athens (Piraeus) to Kalymnos?
Yes, you can currently travel freely within Greek destinations. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece please visit our relevant FAQ section.
Famous sponges of Kalymnos.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Athens (Piraeus) to Kalymnos?
On Ferryhopper you can find available ferry schedules, ticket prices, and trip duration and book your ferry tickets to Kalymnos online and at the best prices.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Athens (Piraeus) to Kalymnos
- In such long ferry trips, bed cabins may sell out fast, especially during Easter or high-season so make sure you book well in advance.
- The port of Piraeus can get crowded during high season. We recommend arriving there at least 1 hour before your scheduled departure.
- Ferries to Kalymnos and the Dodecanese usually depart from gate E1 in the port of Piraeus. Check our Piraeus port map to find out ways to reach your gate.
- Most ferries operating the Piraeus - Kalymnos route have garages for transporting vehicles. If you decide to take a car with you, we suggest you be at the port at least 1 hour earlier.
- Kalymnos is connected with many islands of the Dodecanese such as Rhodes, Kos or Leros but also the Turkish coast. You can get on our map of ferries to organize island-hopping in a few steps.
- For any additional information about the trip from Piraeus to Kalymnos, you can contact the Ferryhopper customer service team!