Traveling from Amorgos to Athens (Piraeus) by ferry
The ferry route Amorgos - Athens (Piraeus) normally lasts from 5,5 hours to 10 hours and the cost starts from 34€. Check our summary with the latest data for ferries.
Ferry schedules from Amorgos to Athens (Piraeus)*
Is there a ferry from Amorgos to Athens (Piraeus)?
Usually, there is at least 1 daily ferry crossing in the summer and 2-3 direct crossings per week in the winter. Schedules depend on seasonality and the weather but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry companies that mainly operate on the Amorgos to Piraeus route are Blue Star Ferries and Seajets. There is also an indirect option to travel from Amorgos to Athens via Naxos.
How long is the ferry ride from Amorgos to Athens (Piraeus)?
The ferry ride lasts from 5,5 hours to 10 hours depending on the type of vessel as well as its scheduled itinerary.
How much is the ferry from Amorgos to Athens (Piraeus)?
The cost of a one-way ticket is around 34€ for a conventional ferry and around 70€ for a high-speed one. The final price can change according to reductions, offers, seat type, or cabin selection.
What's the ferry schedule from Amorgos to Athens (Piraeus)?
In the summer months, there are usually 1 or 2 ferries per day, while in the winter there are 2 or 3 weekly sailings in the Amorgos-Piraeus route. The earliest departure time is usually either early in the morning, around 06.00, or in the early afternoon, around 14.00, and the latest ferry departure is about 19.00. You can also travel indirectly, by ferry from Amorgos to Naxos and then from Naxos to Piraeus as both routes have frequent connections all-year-round.
What's the distance between Amorgos and Athens (Piraeus)?
The distance between Amorgos and the port of Piraeus in Athens is approximately 172 nautical miles (i.e 320 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Amorgos to Athens (Piraeus)?
Yes, travel across Greece is currently allowed. For the latest updates on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece please visit our relevant FAQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Amorgos to Athens (Piraeus)?
On Ferryhopper you can compare all direct and indirect ferry connections from Amorgos to Athens and book ferry tickets online, at the best prices.
The port of Piraeus and the city of Athens from above.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Amorgos to Athens (Piraeus)
- Amorgos has 2 ports: Aegiali and Katapola. The majority of the ferries to Athens depart from the port of Katapola but make sure you check your booking details before your trip.
- We recommend arriving at the port of departure at least 1 hour in advance. Feel free to ask the port authorities personnel for information regarding your ferry.
- The majority of ferries on this route have a garage for vehicle transfer. Make sure you book your vehicle tickets in advance as they sell out quickly.
- If you wish to travel in a bed cabin we recommend booking your tickets as early as possible (i.e 3-4 months before the trip).
- Ferry rides can become a bit bumpy during summer. There is absolutely nothing to worry about. If you feel seasick you can always ask the ferry crew for some aspirin.
- If you are looking for more specific information about the port of Piraeus as well as what to do in Athens, you can visit our relevant pages.
- From the port of Piraeus, you can continue your ferry traveling in the Greek islands. On our Map of ferries, you can see available ferry connections from Piraeus to the Aegean sea.