Cesenatico is a fishing village on the Romagna Riviera, in the province of Forlì-Cesena. Even though it is small, Cesenatico is rather popular due to the fantastic nearby beaches and its rich history. Moreover, from the port of Cesenatico, you can also reach wonderful Croatia by ferry in a few hours. On Ferryhopper you will find information and all the available ferry routes from Cesenatico to plan your ideal holidays!
How to get to Cesenatico by ferry?
Cesenatico is well served by various means of transport, so reaching its port, especially from the cities of the North, is very simple. Its historic port “Porto Canale’’ is the main way to travel by ferry to Croatian towns like Rovinj, Zadar, Lošinj, Rab and Novalja in a few hours. There is also the option of vehicle transportation in order to further explore the Balkan country!
- Cesenatico - Rovinj: There are 2 weekly crossings from mainland Italy to Rovinj all year long. The duration of the ferry trip Cesenatico - Rovinj is approximately 3 hrs.
- Cesenatico - Zadar: Zadar is a popular Kroatian destination and you can reach it by Cesenatico in 5 hr 30 min. As for the frequency, there are 2 weekly sailings from Cesenatico to Zadar.
- Cesenatico - Lošinj: Lošinj is an island in Croatia located in the southern part of the Kvarner archipelago. The ferry connection between Cesenatico and Lošinj is served 3 times a week and the ferry journey lasts around 5 hrs.
- Cesenatico - Rab: The island of Rab is connected by ferry with Cesenatico 2 times per week. The ferry ride from Cesenatico to Rab lasts around 7 hrs.
- Cesenatico - Novalja: Novalja is a tourist resort located in the northern part of the island of Pag. There is 1 weekly crossing from Cesenatico to Novalja and the ferry journey takes 7 hrs as well.
On the Ferryhopper map of ferries, you can find all the available ferry connections between the port of Cesenatico with Croatia in order to plan your holidays and book ferry tickets at the best prices!
What to do in Cesenatico?
The Romagna Riviera is best known for its beaches and clubs, but Cesenatico is also a town of art, history, culture and nature. Cesenatico is also the favorite destination of athletes and cycling lovers: in the Spazio Pantani museum, you can retrace the career of the champion, originally from the town.
If you stop in Cesenatico don't miss the Maritime Museum (the only floating museum existing in Italy and among the few existing in the world), or a walk in the Parco di Levante. You can also choose which of the 14 free beaches of the 5 km of coastline to relax in, perhaps enjoying a delicious Romagna piadina!
Beaches in Cesenatico
Cesenatico has a long coastline with sandy, organized beaches, as the entire Riviera Romagnola. We offer you the best:
- Levante beach
- Ponente beach
- Tamerici beach
On the Cesenatico coast, there are also dog-friendly beaches. Some of the best-known are:
- Bagno Wanda
- Bagno Corallo
- Bagno Mundial
What to see in Cesenatico
Ferryhopper suggests the following places of cultural interest in Cesenatico:
- Pantani space
- Porto Canale
- Maritime Museum
- Piazzetta delle Conserve
- Marino Moretti's home
What to visit around Cesenatico
Cesenatico is pretty close to other destinations in mainland Italy and the country of San Marino. More specifically:
- The village of Bertinoro (just 29 km from Cesenatico): With its pastel colors, the village of Bertinoro dominates the Adriatic coast, narrow between expanses of vines (the famous Sangiovese wine is produced here ). A walk in Bertinoro is perfect in every season, especially in the late afternoon, when you can witness breathtaking sunsets with a view included.
- Ravenna (just 34 km from Cesenatico): an extraordinary town that attracts tourists and art lovers from all over the world. With its Basilicas, ancient mosaics, and the many UNESCO heritage monuments, Ravenna cannot be missing from your itinerary.
- San Marino (only 39 km from Cesenatico): The capital of the tiny state - City of San Marino - is perfect for a weekend or a day trip. Its historic center, the castles rich in history, the squares and the markets will transport you to a suggestive and romantic medieval atmosphere.
Food in Cesenatico
In addition to the classic piadina, which is thicker here than in Rimini, Cesenatico at the table offers among its typical dishes fried gnocco, mortadella mousse and to finish a nice slice of bustrengo.
Where to buy ferry tickets for Cesenatico?
Are you ready to visit a beautiful Italian town or jump on a ferry and travel from mainland Italy to neighboring Croatia? Don't think about it ... Cesenatico is the destination to choose and Ferryhopper is here to help you find all the available ferry routes. Book cheap ferry tickets for ferry routes from Cesenatico to Rovinj, Zadar, Losinj, Rab and Novalja quickly, easily and at the best prices!
View all trips from and to Cesenatico
View all ferries departing from or arriving at Cesenatico in the following week.