Traveling from Rhodes to Astypalea by ferry
There are 1 weekly ferry crossing from Rhodes to Astypalea with ticket costs from 26€. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Ferry schedules from Rhodes to Astypalea*
Is there a ferry from Rhodes to Astypalea?
The port of Rhodes is connected to Astypalea once per week, all year round. This can change depending on the season and weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry company that usually serves this crossing is Blue Star Ferries.
How long is the ferry ride from Rhodes to Astypalea?
The route from Rhodes to Astypalea is about 9 hours. Due to the long trip, we recommend that you book a bed cabin in order to travel more conveniently.
How much is the ferry from Rhodes to Astypalea?
The average price for a standard ferry ticket for the route Rhodes - Astypalea is 26€. However, the total cost can be higher or lower depending on reductions, offers, and seat or cabin type.
What’s the ferry schedule from Rhodes to Astypalea?
Usually, there is a ferry departure from Rhodes to Astypalea every Monday afternoon. Specifically, the ferry departs at 16:00 and arrives in Astypalea around 13:15 after midnight.
What’s the distance between Rhodes and Astypalea?
The distance between Rhodes and the port of Astypalea is about 134 nautical miles or 250 km.
Am I allowed to travel from Rhodes to Astypalea?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
Windmills at sunset in Astypalea.
How can I book ferry tickets from Rhodes to Astypalea?
On Ferryhopper you can compare all available ferry services to Astypalea, itineraries, prices and ticket types. Book ferry tickets online for the Dodecanese in just 4 clicks.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Rhodes to Astypalea
- The port of Rhodes is one of the largest in the Dodecanese and is easily accessible from the city center, either by car or by bus or on foot. The passenger port of Rhodes is close to many of the city’s attractions, and a 20-minute walk from the Rhodes Bus Station (1.5 km). As the port can be quite busy, especially in summer, we suggest you be there at least 45 minutes before the departure of your ship. If you are traveling with your vehicle, it is a good idea to be at the port at least 1 hour before departure.
- If you are thinking of traveling from Rhodes to Astypalea this summer, it is a good idea to plan your trip in advance. Especially if you want to book a cabin, as the trip is long, it is good to book ferry tickets at least 1.5 months in advance.
- Astypalea is a beautiful island, famous for its butterfly shape, which in recent years has become one of the most popular, holiday destinations. If you intend to spend a few days in Astypalea, we suggest you book your stay in advance, as availability may be limited, especially for August.
- Astypalea is located right on the geographical border between Cyclades and Dodecanese and so is an ideal starting point for island-hopping! Indicatively, from Astypalea you can easily travel by ferry to the following islands: Amorgos, Nisyros, Kalymnos, Naxos or Donoussa. On the Ferryhopper map of ferries, you will find all the ferry connections from Astypalea, Cyclades and Dodecanese to organize your ferry trip in the best way.
- From the port of Rhodes, you can also travel to other islands of the Dodecanese. The most popular itineraries are Rhodes - Kos, Rhodes - Patmos and Rhodes - Kastellorizo, for which you can find more information on our pages.
- Any information you need about booking, itineraries and any changes in your trip, you can contact the Ferryhopper team.