Traveling from Olbia to Livorno by ferry
The ferry route from Olbia to Livorno is very popular as it connects Sardinia with central Italy with multiple crossings. Being the main one in Tuscany, the port of Livorno welcomes many passengers for the multiple highway and railway connections that reach the city. The cost of the ferry ticket can start from 20 euros up to a maximum of 70. Prices also change during high season or if you want to travel with your own vehicle (car, motorbike or camper).
Ferry schedules from Olbia to Livorno*
How many connections are there between Olbia and Livorno?
In the winter, Moby Lines operate a night crossing, around 21:30, while from April to September an additional crossing runs in the afternoon. In August the number of the ferry trips reaches 3 per day. Grimaldi Lines, on the other hand, offers 2 daily trips, one in the morning and one at night, throughout the year.
What is the distance between Olbia to Livorno?
The port of Livorno is approximately 305 km (165 nautical miles) to that of Olbia.
What is the duration of the ferry trip from Olbia to Livorno?
The ferry ride from Olbia to Livorno lasts from 6 hours and 45 minutes to 8 hours, depending on the ferry company. Although the journey is short, you can possibly book a lounge seat or a bed cabin. Some vessels have cabins with pet facilities or even suites with exclusive services.
Where to book ferry tickets from Olbia to Livorno?
Given that the ferry route from Olbia to Livorno is one of the most popular, we suggest that you book ferry tickets in advance, especially if you travel in the summer. On Ferryhopper you can find more information on prices, itineraries and available discounts!
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Olbia to Livorno
- All companies offer reduced rates for groups of people such as children or locals. On Ferryhopper you will find all types of ferry tickets as well as discounts and offers.
- If you are a Sardinia resident, you are entitled to discounted rates.
- The port of Olbia can be very crowded in summer. It is suggested to get to the port 90 min before the departure, especially if you are traveling with your vehicle.
- From the port of Livorno there are also departures by ferry to Corsica.
- For further information about your ferry trip or ferry tickets, you can contact the Ferryhopper customer services!