Traveling from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Koufonisia by ferry
There are 1 or 2 daily ferry crossings from Piraeus to Koufonisia in high season, with tickets cost starting from 34€. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Ferry schedules from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Koufonisia*
Is there a ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Koufonisia?
There is usually at least 1 ferry crossing per day by 2 ferry companies in the summer and 3 crossings per week in the winter. This can change depending on the seasonality and the weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry companies that usually operate on the Piraeus to Koufonisia route are Blue Star Ferries and Seajets. You can also travel indirectly from Athens to Koufonisia via Naxos.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Koufonisia?
The ferry crossing lasts from 7 hours to 9 hours depending on the vessel and itinerary.
How much is the ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Koufonisia?
The cost of a one-way ferry ticket is around 34€ with a conventional ferry and around 70€ with a high-speed one. The price can change according to reductions, offers, seat type, or cabin selection.
What's the ferry schedule from Athens (Piraeus) to Koufonisia?
The ferry crossing Piraeus-Koufonisia is served by 1 or 2 direct ferries per day during the summer months with most of the sailings departing around 07.00. During the winter there are at least 3 weekly crossings that usually depart from Piraeus around 17.00. There is also the indirect option to travel by ferry from Piraeus to Naxos and then from Naxos to Koufonisia as both routes have frequent connections all-year-round.
What's the distance between Athens (Piraeus) and Koufonisia?
The distance between the port of Piraeus to the port of Koufonisia is 112 nautical miles (i.e. 208 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Athens (Piraeus) to Koufonisia?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest updates on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece please check our relevant FAQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Athens (Piraeus) to Koufonisia?
Compare all available direct and indirect ferry itineraries from Athens to Koufonisia on Ferryhopper and book ferry tickets online in just 4 clicks.
The crystal waters of Pori beach in Ano Koufonisi.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Athens (Piraeus) to Koufonisia
- The port of Piraeus can get crowded during high season. We recommend arriving there at least 1 hour prior to your scheduled departure.
- The majority of ferries on this route have a garage for vehicle transfer. Make sure you book your vehicle tickets in advance as they sell out quickly.
- If you travel to the port of Piraeus by public transport we would recommend that you calculate some time to reach your departure gate. If you have any questions you can always ask the Port Authority personnel.
- Koufonisia is an island complex of 2 islands: Ano Koufonisi and Kato Koufonisi. The ferries arrive at the port of Ano Koufonisi which is the inhabited one.
- If you are looking for more information about holidays in Koufonisia you can check our dedicated destination page.
- We recommend organizing an island-hopping trip around Koufonisia and the Small Cyclades. You can find more info in our relevant blog post.
- From Koufonisia there are ferry connections to many nearby destinations. Discover all routes on our Map of ferries.