Ferry from Koufonisia to Athens (Piraeus)
Tickets & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Koufonisia to Athens (Piraeus)?
On this route, there are usually 1 or 2 ferries per day by 2 ferry companies in the summer and 3 direct crossings per week in the winter. Schedules depend on seasonality and the weather but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry companies that mainly operate on the Koufonisia to Piraeus route are Blue Star Ferries and Seajets. There is also an indirect option to travel from Koufonisia to Athens via Naxos.
How long is the ferry ride from Koufonisia to Athens (Piraeus)?
The ferry crossing can last from 7,5 hours to 9,5 hours depending on the vessel and its scheduled itinerary.
How much is the ferry from Koufonisia to Athens (Piraeus)?
The cost of a single ticket is around 31€ with a conventional ferry and around 70€ with a high-speed one. The price can change according to reductions, offers, seat type, or cabin selection.
What's the ferry schedule from Koufonisia to Athens (Piraeus)?
In the summer months, there are usually 1 or 2 ferry crossings per day while in the winter there are at least 3 direct sailings every week. The earliest departure time is around 07.00 from Koufonisia while the latest ferry usually departs around 19.00 - 20.00. You can also travel indirectly, by ferry from Koufonisia to Naxos and then from Naxos to Piraeus as both routes have frequent connections all-year-round.
What's the distance between Koufonisia and Athens (Piraeus)?
The distance between the port of Ano Koufonisi and Piraeus is approximately 112 nautical miles (around 208 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Koufonisia to Athens (Piraeus)?
Yes, travel across Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece please visit our relevant FAQ pages.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Koufonisia to Athens (Piraeus)?
On Ferryhopper you can compare all direct and indirect ferry connections from Koufonisia to Athens and book ferry tickets online, easy and fast.
Sunset hour at the Mikrolimano marina in Piraeus - with the city of Athens spreading in the background.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Koufonisia to Athens (Piraeus)
- Koufonisia is an island complex of 2 islands: Ano Koufonisi and Kato Koufonisi. The ferries to Athens depart from Ano Koufonisi which is the inhabited one.
- The majority of ferries on this route have a garage for the transfer of vehicles. Make sure you book vehicle tickets in advance as they sell out quickly.
- If you wish to travel in a bed cabin we recommend booking your tickets as early as possible (i.e 3-4 months before the trip).
- Ferry rides can become a bit bumpy during summer. There is absolutely nothing to worry about. If you feel seasick you can always ask the ferry crew for some aspirin.
- If you are looking for more specific information about the port of Piraeus as well as what to do in Athens, you can visit our destination pages.
- From the port of Piraeus, you can continue your ferry traveling in the Greek islands. On our Map of ferries, you can see available ferry connections from Piraeus to the Aegean sea.