Kyllini is a town and port of Ilia in the western Peloponnese. It is the third-largest passenger port in Greece, with 1.5 million passengers per year. The port of Kyllini has daily ferry services to Zakynthos and Kefalonia, while it is a popular destination for thermal baths and holidays by the sea. On this page, you will find useful information about Kyllini in order to book your ferry tickets online.
Ferry boarding at the port of Kyllini
Kyllini - gates and destinations
The port of Kyllini is the main gateway to the Ionian Sea from the Peloponnese and western Greece.
The port has a single pier from where passenger ferries depart for the Ionian Islands. The location of the pier is very close to the city center and you can reach them on foot.
Tip: the port of Kyllini is one of the first "green" ports of the eastern Mediterranean! Kyllini participates in a European program to reduce the port's environmental footprint, pollution and noise.
Ferry routes from the port of Kyllini
Here are some more specific information about the main ferry routes from the port of Kyllini:
- Ferry from Kyllini to Zante: The Kyllini-Zante ferry crossing is served daily all year round, with sailings increasing during the summer. The duration of the ferry trip is about 1 hour.
- Ferry from Kylllini to Kefalonia: There are regular ferry crossings from Kyllini to Kefalonia all year round. Ferries from Kyllini usually travel to both ports of Sami and Poros in Kefalonia. The duration of the ferry trip is between 1.5 hours and 3 hours depending on the port of arrival.
- Ferry from Kyllini to Ithaki: This is a seasonal route that usually operates about 5 days a week. The Kyllini-Ithaki ferry trip is about 2 hours.
How to get to the port of Kyllini
You can easily get to Kyllini by car or bus from Athens or Patras. More specifically:
- The distance from Athens - Kyllini is about 280km and the drive is about 3 hours.
- The distance Patras - Kyllini is approximately 75km and the drive is about 1 hour.
The buses (KTEL) from Athens to Kyllini depart from Kifissos Bus Station.
Parking at the port of Kyllini
At the entrance of the port of Kyllini, you will find a large, free, parking lot.
On the rare occasion that you don't find a parking spot in the port, we recommend trying the coastal road that leads to the port as well as smaller streets nearby.
Beautiful sandy beach close to the port of Kyllini
Useful information and tips for the port of Kyllini
The port of Kyllini is located right next to the center of the town and it's easily accessible by car or on foot.
Close to the departure pier, you will find useful services such as travel agencies.
In walking distance from the ferries you can find:
- The port authority of Kyllini
- Travel agencies and ticket services
- The bus station of Kyllini
Close to the port, you can also find cafeterias, souvlaki places, tavernas, restaurants and shops if you have some time to spend before your trip.
Important numbers for the port of Kyllini
A list of useful contact numbers for your stay in the port of Kyllini:
- Kyllini Port Authority: +302623092211
- Kyllini ticket services: +302623092080 / 92100 / 92488
- Kastro - Kyllini Municipality: +302623092661
- Amaliada General Hospital: +302622024351
- Kyllini Medical Center: +302623092222
- Athens Bus Station: +302105124910
- Kyllini Police: +302623092202
- Kyllini Thermal Springs: +302623096264
Vacation in Kyllini
Apart from being an important port in Western Greece, Kyllini is also a popular holiday destination.
In the area of Kyllini, there are many seaside hotels and luxury resorts. Kyllini has beautiful beaches and there are many sights and picturesque villages to visit nearby.
One of the top experiences in Kyllini is the thermal springs. The springs are located inside a beautiful forest, just 10km from the port.
The beach of Kastro in the long sandy coast of Kyllini
Beaches in Kyllini
Kyllini belongs to Ilia prefecture, an area famous for its long beaches with golden sand.
The best beaches close to the port of Kyllini are:
- Loutra Kyllinis
Sightseeing and activities in Kyllini
Close to the port of Kyllini, you will find many sights of historical and cultural interest. We recommend checking them out, especially if you are planning a road trip to the west Peloponnese.
We recommend visiting the following historical and natural sights:
- The medieval castle of Chlemoutsi
- The archaeological site of Ancient Olympia
- The thermal springs of Kaiafas
- The waterfalls of Neda
- The picturesque village of Andritsena
- The temple of Apollo
The impressive medieval castle of Chlemoutsi in Kyllini
Where to book ferry tickets online from Kyllini
On Ferryhopper you can book ferry tickets from Kyllini online with just 4 clicks! Check our Map of ferries for all the available connections from Kyllini, compare schedules, companies and prices and book your trip in the easiest way possible.