Mantoudi is a small but charming town in the northern part of Euboea Island, that combines mountain and sea. On Ferryhopper, we've gathered all the information you need for your holiday in Mantoudi: beaches, attractions, activities, and how to travel from there by ferry. Discover all available ferry routes and book ferry tickets from Mantoudi online and with no hidden fees!
Beautiful sea view from Kimasi beach in Mantoudi
Mantoudi Ferry Port
In Euboea, the port of Mantoudi "Kymasi" is quite important. It is connected to cities in mainland Greece, but also serves as a passage to the Sporades Islands.
Near the port you will find a few amenities, such as a beach bar and a café. For more dining and exploring options, you can head up to the town.
Ferries from Mantoudi port: schedules and tickets
The port of Mantoudi operates ferry routes to the surrounding Sporades, more specifically, Skiathos, Skopelos and Alonissos, as well as to the ports of Thessaloniki and Agios Konstantinos in mainland Greece.
Here you can find more information on the ferry connections from Mantoudi:
- Mantoudi-Skiathos ferry: the ferry connection between Mantoudi and Skiathos is operated by Anes Ferries and Magic Sea Ferries with up to 3 daily crossings from late April to September. The crossing ranges from about 2 to 2.5 hours.
- Mantoudi-Skopelos ferry: there are up to 4 weekly ferry connections between Mantoudi and Skopelos and the journey lasts around 1.5 hours.
- Mantoudi-Alonissos ferry: the ferry connection between Mantoudi and Alonissos is operated by Magic Sea Ferries with up to 4 weekly crossings in the summer months. The ferry trip takes about 1 hour.
- Mantoudi-Thessaloniki ferry: there are normally a few weekly ferry crossings from Mantoudi to Thessaloniki operated by Seajets. The journey takes about 5 hours.
- Mantoudi-Agios Konstantinos ferry: the ferry from Mantoudi to Agios Konstantinos is operated by Magic Sea Ferries with several weekly crossings. The crossing takes about 5 hours.
On our Map of ferries, you can find all available ferry routes from Mantoudi, as well as indicative ticket prices for every route.
Where is the ferry port in Mantoudi?
The port of Mantoudi is located on the beach of Kymasi, 4 km from the center of the village. You can get there in just a few minutes by car or in about 1 hour on foot.
How to get to Mantoudi port?
You can reach the port of Mantoudi by car or by bus. The town is located 130 km from Athens (2 hours) and 330 km from Thessaloniki (4.5 hours).
If you prefer to travel by bus, buses to Mantoudi depart from the Liosion Bus Station in Athens and the journey takes about 2.5 hours.
Vacation in Mantoudi
Situated in a lush green environment, next to the small, but very picturesque river Kireas, the route that one follows to reach Mandoudi is enchanting. In fact, it is one of the most beautiful road trip routes in Greece.
Only 2 hours from Athens, Mantoudi is an ideal escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. Once you arrive, you'll be amazed by the region's breathtaking Alpine scenery - dense forests of plane trees with rolling hills and majestic lakes - making it an excellent base for hikes and nature excursions. The area is also close to archaeological sites of historical interest, as well as beaches with crystal waters of unique beauty.
On the main street of the picturesque seaside town, the church of St. John the Theologian stands out. Walk through the narrow alleys of the town, admire the well-preserved 18th century buildings and try delicious Greek foods at traditional restaurants. Overall, this is the perfect opportunity for you to have a unique, authentic Greek experience.
The stunning seaside resort of Agia Anna, near Mantoudi
What to do in Mantoudi
One of the best things to do in Mantoudi is to explore the surrounding area. You can go hiking in the nearby mountains and take in the stunning views of the gulf. Visiting the plane tree forest of Kireas, formed along the homonymous river, is definitely a must! Here, you will find countless century-old plane trees, 2 old water mills and small chapels. Alternatively, you can cross the Nileas Gorge, which is 10 km long. Keep in mind that it is quite rough and that in some points you will need to swim to cross it.
Another thing we suggest you do if you are a nature lover is to visit the 12 magnificent natural lakes of the area and admire the alpine landscape that characterizes them. These used to be huge mining craters but today, they have a natural wealth of flora and fauna that will make you forget you are on a Greek island.
Beaches in Mantoudi
Thanks to its central location, Mantoudi is close to some of the most beautiful beaches of Evia. Indicatively, 7 of our favorite beaches near Mantoudi are:
- Kimasi: this 4 km long beach is famous for its crystal clear waters. If you’re a fan of adventure, swim up to the Kotroni rock, a short distance from the coast.
- Agia Anna: also known as Agali, it is a popular destination in northern Evia. It stretches over 6 km and is organized with several cafes and tavernas. Here you can also go horse riding.
- Agios Vasilios: the twin (and lovers) beach of Euboea is also ideal for nature lovers who enjoy walking. It is located near Agia Anna beach and is characterized by crystal clear turquoise waters.
- Pili: 16 km from the port, Pili is a long beach with black sand and fine pebbles. Note that the sea is quite deep and vulnerable to wind and waves. Above the beach there are restaurants and bars.
- Sarakiniko: very close to Agia Anna beach, Sarakiniko is small and secluded, surrounded by dramatic cliffs and trees. It is visited by many couples and those who want to enjoy a peaceful dip in crystal clear waters.
- Rovies: accessible in about 30 minutes from Mandoudi, Rovies beach is characterized by a unique setting. It is known for its calm waters and sunset views, and is organized with a few beach bars and cafes.
- Limnionas: it may be 1.5 hours away from Mandoudi, but the magnificent seabed of Limnionas beach is worth the drive. Here you'll find toilets, a shower and tavernas. You might also find people camping.
Perfect crystal clear waters at Rovies beach
Sightseeing in Mantoudi
Inhabited since prehistoric times, you will be able to admire dozens of monuments during your stay in Mandoudi. Some of the most popular natural and historical sights in the area that are worth visiting are:
- The holy shrine of Saint John the Russian, in Prokopi, 14 km from Madoudi
- The museum of Asia minor culture, in Prokopi
- The historical and folklore museum of Limni
- The museum of petrified mammals of Kerasia
- The medieval tower in Rovies, built by the Franks
- The monastery of Saint Nicholas Galataki, in Limni, 35 km from the port
- The drymonas waterfalls, 35 km by car from Mantoudi
Useful information about Mantoudi
Mandoudi has limited services, accommodation options and activities. However, it has everything you might need for a carefree and peaceful holiday. There, you can find a regional doctor's office, pharmacy, supermarket, ATM, petrol stations, restaurants, cafes, bars, and shops.
Regarding accommodation, you will find hotels, guesthouses and apartments for rent near Mandoudi, that is, in Kirinthos, Prokopi, Pili, and Agia Anna beach. In case you want to get closer to nature, there is also organized camping in Agia Anna.
Important phone numbers for your stay in Mantoudi
Here are some useful numbers for your holidays in Mandoudi:
- Mantoudi Port Authority: +302227022020
- Mandoudi Police Station: +30222702333333
- Fire Brigade: +302227023199
- Mandoudi Health Centre: +302227022222
- Municipality of Mantoudi: +302227350242
- European emergency number: 112
Where to book ferry tickets online from Mantoudi
On Ferryhopper, you can book your ferry tickets from and to the port of Mantoudi at the same prices as ferry companies! Find all ferry connections, browse schedules and fares, and organize your holidays in the magical Sporades easily and quickly!