Ferry from Positano to Maiori
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Positano to Maiori?
Yes, you can catch a ferry from Positano to Maiori all year round thanks to Grassi Junior and Travelmar ferries.
There are usually 2-8 connections per day, but the crossings are not always direct.
Useful info: you can book tickets for the Positano - Maiori ferry on Ferryhopper, but keep in mind that Travelmar’s routes only operate from April to early December and include a ferry change in Amalfi. Depending on the Positano - Maiori schedule you choose, you will then need to take into account Travelmar’s immediate Amalfi - Maiori route.
What’s the ferry schedule from Positano to Maiori?
The earliest ferry usually departs from Positano at 08:40 and arrives in Maiori at 10:30. Until the beginning of December, the last departure of the day is operated by Travelmar, with a 15:30 sailing, arriving in Amalfi around 16:00. Here, you will have to get off and take the next ferry from Amalfi to Maiori, which arrives at its destination at around 16:40.
Important: keep in mind that if you book the Positano - Maiori indirect trip, you will not be able to board just any ferry from Amalfi to Maiori, but the first available Travelmar ferry immediately following your arrival.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Positano to Maiori?
The cost of a single Positano - Maiori ferry ticket is around €12-15.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry trip to Maiori from Positano. Find real-time information about our ferry routes, compare fares and offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at the best price.
Take advantage of the available discounts and travel by ferry from Positano to Maiori with lower-cost ferry tickets. Children up to 2-3 years old travel for free and without assigned seating. There are also discount tickets for children up to 10 years old, for groups of travelers and residents of the Municipalities of the Amalfi Coast.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Positano to Maiori?
The Positano to Maiori ferry duration is between 55 min and 1 hr 50 min depending on the crossing and operator chosen.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Positano to Maiori?
The connection from Positano to Maiori is operated only by high-speed boats.
What’s the distance between Positano and Maiori?
The distance between the port of Positano and Maiori is 6.4 nautical miles (around 12 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Maiori from Positano
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Positano to Maiori:
- We recommend that you arrive at the port of Positano at least 1 hr before your ferry trip, especially in July and August.
- In case of hazardous weather conditions, ferry services are usually suspended. Please make sure to always consult with the company you are traveling with.
- If you choose the Positano - Maiori route with a stopover and ferry change in Amalfi, you should take the opportunity to wander a bit around town and explore the beautiful port area before resuming your trip to Maiori.
- If you want to explore more of the Amalfi Coast, Minori is only a 5-min ferry ride away from Maiori. Check out the Maiori - Minori ferry crossing for more info!
- You can avoid road traffic by taking the ferry from the Amalfi Coast's main towns to the port of Salerno. Check our Map of Ferries to find all the available crossings.
Where to take the ferry from Positano to Maiori?
Ferries to Maiori leave from the port of Positano, which is close to the historic center and the beach of Marina Grande.
There are several services within the port area, such as bars, restaurants, boat rentals, and nightclubs. Most shops are located along the center's streets, which lead to the upper part of Positano.
Can I travel on the ferry from Positano to Maiori with a car?
You cannot bring your vehicle on the ferry to Maiori from Positano.
Each ferry company traveling from Positano to Maiori has its own baggage allowance policy. More specifically:
- Travelmar allows passengers to bring 1 piece of hand luggage with a maximum size of 45x35x20 cm.
- On Grassi Junior ferries, you can bring your luggage on board by paying an additional fee of €2.
Given the short duration of the Positano - Maiori route, there are no cabins on the vessels.
You can travel with your pet on all ferries to Maiori from Positano. In order to be allowed on board, all pets should hold a ticket (costs €5).
For more information on the documents and conditions required to travel with your pet, we recommend contacting the company you travel with.
Book ferry tickets from Positano to Maiori online
You can easily book Maiori ferry tickets on Ferryhopper. Find all available ferry crossings, compare schedules and prices, and book your ferry to Maiori from Positano without hidden fees!