Traveling from Paros to Ios by ferry
Paros is connected to Ios with frequent ferry itineraries during the summer season. The distance between the two islands is approximately 48 nautical miles and the journey has an average duration of 2 hours and 30 minutes, which mainly depends on the ferry operator. Ticket prices for passengers range from € 10 to € 26.
Ferry schedules from Paros to Ios*
How long is the ferry ride from Paros to Ios?
Paros to Ios: Cost of ferry
Ferry tickets from Paros to Ios cost from 10 to 26 euros, depending on the ferry operator. Concerning the vehicles, a car ticket costs around 50 euros and the motorbike ticket is equal to 15 euros.
Paros to Ios: Distance
The distance between Paros and Ios is about 90 km or 48 nautical miles.
How frequent are ferries from Paros to Ios?
You can find a ferry to take you from Paros to Ios at any time, as schedules are performed on a daily basis. In high-season, there will be at least 2 ferries per day departing during morning and afternoon hours. During winter months where traffic on Paros island is substantially lower, only one or two ferries operate on a daily basis on this crossing.
Tips for your ferry trip from Paros to Ios
- The port of Paros can become very crowded during August, and multiple ferries can arrive/depart at the same time. Make sure to be there on time, and ask the port authorities personnel for information regarding your ferry.
- Paros is also connected with Santorini, Mykonos, Tinos and Andros, on a daily basis during summer.
- Island hopping around Paros is always a great idea! Check our Ferry Map to discover nearby islands.
- If you visit Ios only for a day, be sure to rent a vehicle, to explore as much as possible. Also, keep in mind that Ios is one of the most popular greek islands when it comes to nightlife. If you like partying until morning, then you should definitely spend a night at Ios.
- If you are visiting for more days and you do not want to spend a fortune on accommodations, you should definitely book a place to stay as early as possible; at least 4-5 months in advance.