Ferry from Paros to Ios
Tickets & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Paros to Ios?
You can catch a ferry from Paros to Ios throughout the year. Usually, there are 6-7 weekly ferry crossings to Ios year-round and more than 2 daily crossings in the summer. The route is normally serviced by the following ferry companies: Seajets, Blue Star Ferries, Hellenic Seaways and Golden Star Ferries. There may be more companies operating on this route depending on demand.
How long is the ferry ride from Paros to Ios?
The Paros to Ios ferry duration ranges from 1 hr 10 min to 3 hr 20 min. The travel time varies, depending on weather conditions and the type of vessel.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Paros to Ios?
Yes, you can travel with a high-speed ferry from Paros to Ios. Fast ferries to Ios make the trip in approximately 60 min and they are normally available from May to September.
How much is the ferry from Paros to Ios?
The Paros - Ios ferry price ranges from approximately €9.5 to €37. The ticket cost can be higher or lower depending on discounts, offers, seat and vessel type, as well as vehicle selection.
What’s the ferry schedule from Paros to Ios?
Normally, there are 6-7 weekly ferry crossings from Paros to Ios year round. From May to September, there are more ferry companies operating on this route, meaning there are at least 2 daily crossings. The earliest ferry departs from Paros at 09:50, while the latest scheduled trip to Ios from Paros is usually at 22:50, arriving around midnight.
Good to know: ferry schedules are subject to change depending on the season. Find the latest information and check real-time data for ferries from Paros to Ios on our fare search engine.
What’s the distance between Paros and Ios?
The distance between the port of Parikia in Paros and Ios is 38 nautical miles (approximately 70km).
Am I allowed to travel from Paros to Ios?
For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry travel in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Paros to Ios?
You can easily book cheap Paros - Ios ferry tickets on Ferryhopper with no extra fees. Find information about available routes on Ferryhopper’s Map of ferries, compare ferry companies and itineraries and book ferry tickets from Paros to Ios in just 4 clicks!
The popular Mylopotas beach in Ios
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Paros to Ios
Here are some useful tips for your ferry trip from Paros to Ios:
- The port of Parikia in Paros can get quite crowded in the summer, so make sure to get there at least 60 min before boarding.
- If you are visiting Ios during high season, we suggest booking your accommodation at least 4-5 months in advance.
- The port of Ios is on the west coast of the island, around 5 minutes to Chora by car and 20 minutes on foot. There’s also a public parking lot nearby.
- If you're visiting Ios just for a day, make sure to rent a car, to explore as much as possible. Also, keep in mind that Ios is one of the most popular Greek islands when it comes to nightlife. If you like partying all night long, then you should definitely spend a night on the island.
- On Ferryhopper, you can discover island-hopping options from Ios to more Greek islands, such as Santorini, Mykonos, Paros or Folegandros.
- For more information about the trip to Ios and departure times, do not hesitate to contact the Ferryhopper Customer Support Team!
Where to take the ferry from Paros to Ios
You can catch the ferry to Ios from the port of Parikia in Paros. The port is quite small, yet quite busy in the summer. There is 1 terminal for all ferries to Ios, Athens and more islands. The port of Parikia is located in the island capital, close to many restaurants, cafés and more traveler services. You can get to the port of Parikia on foot if you’re staying in the capital, or by taxi and bus from Naoussa, the airport and more major villages. The distance between Naoussa and the port of Parikia is 10km.
Ferry companies are usually quite flexible when it comes to luggage size and weight. You can keep your luggage next to you or store your bags and suitcases in the designated luggage area on the ferry from Paros to Ios.
Good to know: bear in mind that there is no check-in procedure for luggage items.
Tip: each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. We recommend that you don’t carry more than 50kg of luggage to avoid delays due to restricted space in the luggage area.
High-speed ferries do not have cabins, but they have numbered seats. There are cabins and numbered seats on standard ferries for a more relaxed trip.