Ferry from Athens (Lavrio) to Kavala
Tickets & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Athens (Lavrio) to Kavala?
You can find 2-3 ferry routes from Lavrio to the port of Kavala. This can change depending on the season and weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry connection between the 2 ports is usually served by Seajets with the vessel Aqua Blue.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Lavrio) to Kavala?
The ferry journey from Lavrio to Kavala ranges from 16 to 21 hours. The duration of the trip varies depending mainly on the ferry itinerary that you choose.
How much is the ferry from Athens (Lavrio) to Kavala?
The cost for the simple ferry ticket on deck for the route Lavrio - Kavala is close to 43€. However, the total cost can be higher or lower depending on reductions, offers, and seat or cabin type.
What’s the ferry schedule from Athens (Lavrio) to Kavala?
As mentioned, there are around 3 weekly ferry crossings from Lavrio to Kavala. The earliest ferry usually departs at 12:00 and arrives in Keramoti (Kavala’s port) around 04:45, the next morning. The last scheduled trip is at 01:00 after midnight, reaching the port of Kavala at 17:00.
What’s the distance between Athens (Lavrio) and Kavala?
The port of Kavala is located about 194 nautical miles or 360 km north of Lavrio.
Am I allowed to travel from Athens (Lavrio) to Kavala?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section
Stone arches in Kavala.
How can I book ferry tickets from Athens (Lavrio) to Kavala?
With Ferryhopper you can connect central to southern Greece, in just 4 clicks! Visit our page, find all the details for the ferry route Lavrio - Kavala and book online ferry tickets, without extra charge!
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Athens (Lavrio) to Kavala?
- The port of Lavrio is located about 60 km from the center of Athens and about 35 km from the airport El. Venizelos. The Attica KTEL operates daily bus services from Pedion Areos to the port of Lavrio which takes about 2 hours, depending on traffic. More information about the port of Lavrio can be found on our relevant page.
- If you go to the port of Lavrio by car or motorbike, we suggest you arrive at the port at least 1 hour before the departure of your ferry, to avoid heavy traffic.
- The ferry that runs the route Lavrio - Kavala has a garage to transport your personal vehicle.
- Kavala has one of the most important ports in Macedonia as it is directly connected to Thassos, Lemnos, Ikaria, Lesvos etc. On our map of ferries, you can find ideas and suggestions to organize island hopping in the Greek islands!
- For any booking or itinerary information, you can contact the Ferryhopper customer service team.