Traveling from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Aegina by ferry
There are 15 daily ferry crossings from Piraeus to Aegina with tickets cost starting from 8€. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Ferry schedules from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Aegina*
Is there a ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Aegina?
There are at least 15 daily ferries by 4 different companies, from the port of Piraeus in Athens to Aegina throughout the whole year. There are both conventional ferries and high-speed ferries (flying dolphins) that operate on this ferry route. The ferry companies that usually serve this ferry connection are Anes Ferries, Blue Star Ferries, Saronic Ferries, and Aegean Flying Dolphins. You can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Aegina?
The duration of the ferry crossing ranges from 40 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes depending on the type of vessel that you choose to travel with.
How much is the ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Aegina?
The cost of a one-way ferry ticket from Athens to Aegina varies between 8€ - 15€. The conventional ferries are usually cheaper (although the trip is slightly longer) and you can also transfer your vehicle.
What's the ferry schedule from Athens (Piraeus) to Aegina?
The earliest ferry departs from Athens to Aegina around 07.00 and the latest at around 18.00 in the afternoon. During both winter and summer season, there are at least 15 ferry itineraries per day from Piraeus to Aegina, with regular departures every 30 minutes to 1 hour.
What is the distance between Athens (Piraeus) and Aegina?
The distance between Athens (port of Piraeus) and Aegina is 15 nautical miles (around 28 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Athens (Piraeus) to Aegina?
Yes, travel within Greek destinations is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, you can check our relevant FAQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Athens (Piraeus) to Aegina?
On Ferryhopper you can compare all the available ferry schedules to Aegina and book your ferry tickets online in just 4 clicks!
Colorful fishing boats in the port of Aegina and a conventional ferry in the background.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Athens (Piraeus) to Aegina
- Aegina is a popular destination for weekend trips. We, therefore, recommend booking your accommodation and ferry tickets (especially vehicle tickets) in advance!
- Ferries to Aegina and the islands of the Saronic Gulf usually depart from gate E8. If you have any questions about your departure gate or your ferry do not hesitate to ask the port authorities personnel.
- The vehicle ferry tickets for Aegina start from 8€ for a motorbike and from 25€ for a car.
- Aegina has 3 ports: the port of the town of Aegina, Agia Marina, and Souvala. Make sure that you check the port of arrival prior to your booking.
- Aegina is also connected to its nearby islands of the Saronic Gulf such as Agistri, Poros, or Hydra. Check your island-hopping options on our Map of ferries.
- On our dedicated destination page, you can find useful information about holidays in Aegina.