Ferry from Bari to Durrës
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Bari to Durrës?
Yes, you can travel from Bari to Durrës thanks to the year-round ferry connections operated by GNV (Grandi Navi Veloci), Adria Ferries and Ventouris Ferries.
There are up to 3 dailly crossings from Bari to Durrës during winter but during summer there are additional ferry connections. You can check real-time data for ferries from Bari to Durrës on our fare search engine.
Am I allowed to travel from Bari to Durrës?
Yes, you can travel from Bari to Durrës by ferry at the moment. However, travel guidelines may change. So, make sure to check the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry traveling in Albania before your trip.
What’s the ferry schedule from Bari to Durrës
Usually, the earliest ferry to Durrës from Bari departs at 13:00, arriving at 21:00. The latest departure is scheduled for 23:59, with the ferry arriving in Durrës the following day at 09:00.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Bari to Durrës?
The Bari to Durrës ferry price ranges from €57 to €70.
On Ferryhopper, you can find the best available offers for the ferry trip to Durrës from Bari. Check out all the available ferry routes, find the lowest ferry prices and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper.
Traveling from Bari to Durrës by ferry is easy, comfortable and you can take advantage of lower-cost ferry tickets thanks to available discounts. The ferry companies offer discounts up to 50% to the following passenger categories:
- Children from 5 to 10 years old
- Large groups of travelers
- People with disabilities and their accompanying persons
Keep in mind that available discounts may vary depending on the company you’re traveling with.
Note: on Ventouris Ferries infants and toddlers up to 4 years travel for free.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Bari to Durrës?
The ferry crossing time from Bari to Durrës ranges between 8 hr and 9 hr 45 min.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Bari to Durrës?
The connection from the port of Bari to Durrës is operated only by conventional ferries. The fastest route lasts 8 hr.
What’s the distance between Bari to Durrës?
The distance between the port of Bari and the port of Durrës is approximately 117 nautical miles (about 217 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Durrës from Bari
Here you can find some travel tips for your ferry trip from Bari to Durrës:
- The port of Bari can get crowded during the summer so we recommend that you arrive at the port at least 90 min in advance of your departure to avoid queuing.
- To travel from Italy to Albania, you should carry with you either a valid passport or an identity card.
- We recommend booking a cabin for extra comfort.
- Durrës is among the most popular Albanian holiday destinations. Discover its beauty with our travel guide.
- Apart from Bari to Durrës, there are additional ferry routes between Italy and Albania. For more info, check out also the Ancona - Durrës ferry route.
Where to take the ferry from Bari to Durrës
Ferries to Durrës depart regularly from the port of Bari. The port area is divided into the Old and the New Port. Ferries to Durrës depart from the New Port.
You can get to the port of Bari by car or public transport. The Bari train station is only 2.5 km from the port of Bari.
In the area you will also find many shops, restaurants and souvenir kiosks.
Can I travel on the ferry from Bari to Durrës with a car?
Yes, you can travel with your vehicle from Bari to Durrës.
Depending on the company, the following conditions apply to luggage transport:
- On the ferries of Adria Ferries, each passenger can carry 1 piece of hand luggage up to 75 kg free of charge.
- On Grandi Navi Veloci ferries, it is possible to carry up to 2 pieces of personal luggage on board, while there is no weight limit.
- The ferry company Ventouris Ferries is quite flexible regarding luggage allowance. You can keep your luggage items with you or store them in the vessel’s designated areas.
Tip: we suggest that you do not carry more than 50 kg of luggage to avoid any delays.
The ferries operating on the Bari to Durrës route offer different types of cabins, such as inside cabins, outside cabins, suites, and cabins for people with disabilities.
You can travel with your pet on the Bari to Durrës ferries.
Depending on the ferry company, you may need to book pet tickets and provide the necessary information.
Keep in mind that small pets must be transported in a pet-carrier. As for those of medium/large size, they must wear a muzzle and be held on a leash.
On some vessels there are also specially reserved areas for passengers with accompanying animals and pet-friendly cabins.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Bari to Durrës
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Bari to Durrës online on Ferryhopper. On our Map of ferries, you can see all the available ferry connections, compare ferry companies and fares, and book your ferry trip to Durrës with just a few clicks.