Traveling from Aegina to Athens (Piraeus) by ferry
There are up to 16 ferry crossings daily from Aegina to Piraeus with sailing durations starting from 40 minutes. Find all information regarding ticket prices and departure times. Compare ferry companies and book your ferry tickets.
Ferry schedules from Aegina to Athens (Piraeus)*
Is there a ferry from Aegina to Athens (Piraeus)?
Usually, there are about 16 daily ferry crossings by 4 ferry companies in the Aegina to Piraeus route. This can change regarding the season and the weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry companies that usually operate on this route are Blue Star Ferries, Saronic Ferries, Anes Ferries, and Aegean Flying Dolphins.
How long is the ferry ride from Aegina to Athens (Piraeus)?
The duration of the ferry ride is from 40 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes, depending on the type of vessel.
How much is the ferry from Aegina to Athens (Piraeus)?
The cost of a single ferry ticket starts from 8€ for a conventional ferry and from 13€ for a high-speed ferry.
What's the ferry schedule from Aegina to Athens (Piraeus)?
The ferry connection Aegina - Piraeus is frequent all-year-round with more than 16 ferry crossings per day. The earliest ferry departs from Aegina around 07.00 and the latest departure can be from 20.00 to 22.00, depending on the season.
What is the distance between Aegina and Athens (Piraeus)?
The distance between Aegina and the port of Piraeus is 15 nautical miles (around 28 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Aegina to Athens (Piraeus)?
Yes, across Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, you can check our relevant FAQ pages.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Aegina to Athens (Piraeus)?
Compare real-time ferry schedules in the Aegina-Piraeus crossing on Ferryhopper and book cheap ferry tickets online.
The seaside neighborhood of Palaio Faliro in Athens, 9km east of the port of Piraeus.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Aegina to Athens (Piraeus)
- This ferry route is quite popular especially at weekends so we suggest booking ferry tickets in advance as availability can get limited.
- You can transfer your vehicle to the conventional ferries that serve this route. Vehicle prices start at 8€ for motorcycles and 25€ for cars.
- Ferry rides can become a bit bumpy. There is absolutely nothing to worry about. If you feel seasick you can always ask the ferry crew for some aspirin or carry with you anti-nausea pills.
- If you are looking for more specific information about the port of Piraeus as well as what to do in Athens, you can visit our destination pages.
- From the port of Piraeus, you can continue your ferry traveling in the Greek islands. On our Map of ferries, you can see available ferry connections from Athens.