Ferry from Skiathos to Athens
Tickets & Schedules
Get a ferry from Skiathos to mainland Greece
Skiathos has a regular ferry connection with many ports in mainland Greece:
- Mantoudi (Evia)
- Agios Konstantinos (only summer months)
- Thessaloniki (only summer months)
From the ports of Volos, Mantoudi and Agios Konstantinos you can get to Athens by car or bus. From Thessaloniki you can also take a train or fly to Athens.
How to get from Volos to Athens
If you wish to go to Athens from the port of Volos it will take you 3,5 to 4 hours by car or bus. There are frequent bus departures from Volos to Athens every day while the Volos Intercity bus station is only 20 minutes walk from the port.
How long is the trip from Mantoudi (Evia) or Agios Konstantinos to Athens?
If you choose to take a ferry from Skiathos to Evia and the port of Mantoudi you can then drive or take a bus to Athens. This journey lasts a bit more than 2 hours.
During the summer months you can also take a ferry from Skiathos to Agios Konstantinos. The trip duration from Agios Konstantinos to Athens is approximately 2 hours by either car or bus.
Ferry from Skiathos to Volos
The Skiathos - Volos ferry route is the most frequent itinerary during both winter and summer months. There are at least two ferries departing daily from Skiathos to the port of Volos throughout the year.
What is the Skiathos - Volos ferry trip duration?
Skiathos is located approximately 80 km (50 miles) away from the port of Volos and the ferry trip duration depends on the type of vessel you choose to travel with. If you take a conventional ferry the ferry trip lasts around 2 hours and 45 minutes. Fastest options include ferry trips with high speed vessels (around 1 hour and 40 minutes) or flying dolphins (approximately 1 hour).
Ferry from Skiathos to Mantoudi (Evia)
Skiathos connects to the port of Mantoudi in Evia with one ferry per day throughout the year. The daily departure times from the port of Skiathos vary so we would suggest that you check ferryhopper for all the ferry schedules to Evia and mainland Greece before you plan your holidays in the island.
What is the Skiathos - Evia ferry trip duration?
The distance between Skiathos and Evia is quite short so the ferry trip to the port of Mantoudi can be from 1 hour 15 minutes to a bit less than 3 hours. The Skiathos - Mantoudi ferry trip duration depends on the ferry connections each itinerary offers.
Ferry from Skiathos to Agios Konstantinos
During the high season you can also travel from Skiathos to the port of Agios Konstantinos. There is usually one ferry everyday serving the Skiathos - Agios Konstantinos itinerary, departing in the afternoon.
How long is the ferry trip from Skiathos to Agios Konstantinos
If you wish to travel from Skiathos to Agios Konstantinos you should expect your ferry trip to last around 3 hours and 30 minutes.
Tips for your ferry trip from Skiathos
- At the moment you cannot get a direct ferry from Skiathos to Athens but you can easily reach Athens by taking a ferry to the ports of Volos, Mantoudi (Evia) and Agios Konstantinos and then driving or taking a bus. An average duration for your total journey from Skiathos to Athens (by ferry and then car or bus) is 5 to 6 hours. Search ferryhopper for all the ferry schedules from Skiathos to the ports of mainland Greece, choose the itinerary that suits your plans and start your holidays as soon as possible!
- The sea weather in the north-west Aegean can be windy particularly during the summer which means that your ferry trip from Skiathos might be a bit bumpy. No worries though, the shorter the ferry ride the less chances you have to get sea sickness. In the case that you do feel nausea, you can ask the ferry crew for an aspirin or anti-sickness tablets.
- If you choose to travel from Skiathos to the port of Mantoudi in Evia we would recommend that you take some time to visit the beautiful and wild beaches of the north-east coast of Evia: for example Agia Anna, Potami or Limnionas.
- If you take a ferry from Skiathos to Agios Konstantinos you could consider driving to the archaeological site and ancient sanctuary of Delphi as it’s around 1 hour and 30 minutes drive.
- Before you return from Skiathos to mainland Greece you should consider island hopping in the beautiful Sporades islands. From Skiathos you can easily visit Skopelos and Alonissos with frequent ferry itineraries particularly during the summer.
Search ferryhopper map of ferries, find all ferry connections from and to Skiathos and book your tickets to Sporades islands.