Traveling from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Amorgos by ferry
The ferry route Athens (Piraeus) -Amorgos normally lasts from 5,5 hours to 9,5 hours and the cost starts from 20€. Check our summary with the latest data for ferries.
Ferry schedules from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Amorgos*
Is there a ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Amorgos?
There are usually 5 to 6 weekly crossings from Piraeus to Amorgos by 2 ferry companies all year long. The route is served by conventional ferries throughout the whole year and during high season there are also high-speed ferries. Schedules are subject to change depending on the season and the weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry companies that usually operate on this connection are Blue Star Ferries and Seajets.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Amorgos?
The ferry ride can be from 5,5 hours to 9,5 hours depending on the type of vessel that you travel with as well as on the intermediate stops of each itinerary.
How much is the ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Amorgos?
The cost of a one-way ticket starts from 20€ for a conventional ferry and from around 70€ for high-speed ferries. The price depends on seasonality, discounts, offers, seat type, or ferry company.
What's the ferry schedule from Athens (Piraeus) to Amorgos?
During the summer months, there are 1 to 2 ferries per day traveling from Piraeus to the port of Katapola in Amorgos, while there are also 3 to 4 weekly ferry crossings to the port of Aegiali. In the winter there are 5 to 6 ferry crossings in total accessing both ports of Amorgos. Usually, the earliest ferry departing from Piraeus to Amorgos is around 07.00 while the latest is in the evening, around 23.00 or midnight.
What is the distance between Athens (Piraeus) to Amorgos?
The distance between the port of Piraeus and Amorgos is approximately 173 nautical miles (i.e. 320 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Athens (Piraeus) to Amorgos?
Yes, ferry travel within Greece is currently allowed. For more information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece please visit our relevant FAQ pages.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Athens (Piraeus) to Amorgos?
On Ferryhopper you can compare all available ferry schedules from Athens to the ports of Amorgos and book your ferry tickets online in just 4 clicks!
Panoramic view of Amorgos 'Chora' with windmills and picturesque white houses.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Athens (Piraeus) to Amorgos
- The port of Piraeus can get crowded during high season. We recommend arriving there at least 1 hour prior to your scheduled departure.
- The majority of ferries on this route have a garage for the transfer of vehicles. Make sure you book your vehicle tickets in advance as they sell out quickly.
- Amorgos has 2 ports: Katapola in the southwest and Aegiali in the northwest, at a distance of about 40 minutes drive. Before your departure make sure you know your port of arrival.
- You can also travel indirectly from Piraeus to Amorgos via the port of Naxos.
- If you are looking for more information about holidays in Amorgos you can check our dedicated destination page.
- Amorgos is great for island-hopping in the Cyclades. Check our Ferry Map and find ferry connections to nearby islands.