The port city of Toulon lies on the Mediterranean coast of France. It is the perfect starting point for an island-hopping experience in the Balearic Islands. The historic port of the city connects mainland France with Mallorca and Menorca in Spain, Corsica in France, as well as Sardinia and Sicily in Italy. On Ferryhopper you can find all the information you need about ferry routes from Toulon, access to the port and holidays in the French Riviera!
Ferry schedules and ferry tickets from the port of Toulon
The port of Toulon is located right in the city center and features 3 berths for ferries and smaller boats. You can catch the ferry to the port of Alcúdia in Mallorca and Ciutadella in Menorca and explore the Balearic Islands. There are also frequent ferry routes to Sardinia and Corsica and a seasonal service to Sicily. In addition, many travelers choose Toulon Port to start a cruise in the Mediterranean Sea.
View to the city of Toulon from the harbor.
Ferry from Toulon to Mallorca
The port of Toulon connects with the port of Alcúdia on the island of Mallorca mainly from April to October. Ferries to Alcúdia operate 3-5 days a week depending on the month and the route is serviced by Corsica Ferries. Tickets start at €26 for the ferry crossing to Mallorca and the duration is roughly 12h 30min.
Find more information about the Mallorca - Toulon itinerary.
Ferry from Toulon to Menorca
From Toulon you can travel by ferry to the port of Ciutadella. The ferry crossing is normally available from April to October and there is 1 weekly service to Menorca. Tickets for the Corsica Ferries itinerary to the Balearic island are €23-€48 and the duration of the ferry trip is 15h.
Ferry from Toulon to Corsica
Toulon is connected with 4 ports in Corsica: Ajaccio in the west, Bastia in the northeast, Porto Vecchio in the southeast and Ile Rousse in the northwest. The island of Corsica is really popular with travelers, so there are regular ferry crossings throughout the year and more than 20 weekly scheduled routes with Corsica Ferries.
- From Toulon to Ajaccio: There are 1-3 daily crossings from Toulon to the port of Ajaccio in Corsica all year round. During summer months the ferry schedule by Corsica Ferries is very frequent. Tickets are around €30 and the trip lasts from 7h 30min to 11h.
- From Toulon to Bastia: Normally, there is 1 daily crossing from the port of Toulon to Bastia in Corsica. The ferry route is active all year long and the route is serviced by Corsica Ferries. Tickets for the ferry to Bastia start at €27 and it takes about 11 hours to reach the island.
- From Toulon to Porto Vecchio: The Toulon - Porto Vecchio ferry route is serviced by Corsica Ferries with 2-3 crossings every week during the summer and once a week throughout the year. The ferry ticket price for a single passenger normally starts at €33 and the ferry trip duration is approximately 15h.
- From Toulon to Ile Rousse: The ferry route from Toulon to Ile Rouse is normally in operation from May to October. You can catch the Corsica Ferries ferry from the port of Toulon to Ile Rouse 2-3 times a week. Tickets start at €31 and the trip takes 6h 30min on average.
Tip: As the crossings to Porto Vecchio and Bastia are quite long, we suggest that you book a cabin to have some quiet time while on board and enjoy the ferry travel to the fullest!
Ferry from Toulon to Sardinia
From Toulon you can travel by ferry to Porto Torres on the northwest coast of Sardinia. The route is serviced by Corsica Ferries and it runs 1-3 times per week all year round. During the summer months, the ferry crossing is more frequent. You can get to Porto Torres in approximately 8-10 hours. Ferry tickets from Toulon to Porto Torres start at €23.
Tip: Occasionally, there is a ferry service from Toulon to Golfo Aranci on the northeast coast of the island. If you want to explore the east coast of Sardinia, this is a great option.
Ferry from Toulon to Sicily
The Toulon - Sicily route connects mainland France with the port of Trapani in Sicily. This is a seasonal route and ferry schedules are not always available before summer. The trip to the port of Trapani lasts approximately 19 hours and it’s best enjoyed with a nap in a private cabin!
The quaint village of Sant Antonino in Corsica.
How to get to the port of Toulon?
The port of Toulon is located right in the city center. It’s just a 5 minute walk from the main attractions and shops of the coastal city, so you can easily approach the port on foot. If you’re traveling from elsewhere in France you can get to Toulon via train at the Gare de Toulon station that connects the city with major hubs such as Paris, Nice and Marseille. You can also get to the city by car taking the A50 and A57 motorways.
Vacation in Toulon
Toulon is a port city in the popular French Riviera and it is only 65km from Marseille. The city boasts a beautiful natural harbor with many shops and cafes to spend your time while waiting to catch a ferry. Toulon is also a great destination for a weekend break, as the region offers a lot of activities and a beautiful landscape to explore. You can get to Toulon by plane arriving at the Toulon Hyères Airport, located 24km from the port.
These are some of our favorite sites and attractions in Toulon:
- Take the cable car to Mont Faron for tremendous city views.
- Visit the Naval Museum to explore the city’s history.
- Try the bouillabaisse soup, a delicious seafood stew.
- Visit the Provencal market of Cours Lafayette.
- Go on a wine-tasting tour to enjoy local wine varieties.
- Attend the jazz festival of the city in July.
- Explore Toulon’s beautiful fountains.
- Catch an opera performance at the Opéra de Toulon.
- Take in the sun at the family-friendly Mourillon beaches.
Cable car ride in Toulon with a view to the city and the port.
Where to book ferry tickets from Toulon?
On Ferryhopper you can book tickets to the Balearic Islands, Corsica, Sicily and Sardinia from Toulon. Find all the information you need about ferry schedules from the port of Toulon, check Ferryhopper’s Map of ferries for available ferry crossings, compare ferry companies, and book tickets with no extra fees!