This summer we all want to travel safely and securely to our favorite destinations. Book your ferry tickets online on Ferryhopper and get your e-ticket at no additional cost.
E-ticket for ferry traveling
Traveling to the Greek islands becomes easier this summer, since most ferry companies offer the option of booking an e-ticket, in order to ensure contactless transactions and social distancing for all passengers.
This week the ferry company Blue Star Ferries, one of the largest ferry operators in Greece, also announced the e-ticket feature for its ferry routes for summer 2020. Book your e-ticket online on Ferryhopper and then check-in online before boarding and avoid any queues on travel agencies or ferry ticket offices.
On this page, we gathered useful information about Blue Star Ferries' e-ticket service.
The e-ticket feature shows automatically in the Ferryhopper booking process.
How to Check-in online for my ferry tickets?
After you buy your ferry tickets online from Ferryhopper, we will send you a confirmation email that includes all the necessary steps in order to complete the online check-in before your trip.
What you'll need in order to check in online for your trip is:
- The reservation code, available on the Ferryhopper confirmation email.
- Your access code, which you will also receive from us.
The online Check-in is available 48 to 2 hours before your ferry departure. As soon as you Check-in you can choose to receive the boarding pass(es) either in your email in order to print them or in your mobile phone in the form of a Mobile Boarding Pass, just like air tickets.
Can I Check-in online and pick up my ticket from the port of departure?
Of course, you can! If for some reason you cannot print your boarding pass after checking-in online, or you don't have a smartphone that supports a Mobile Boarding Pass, you can pick up your ferry tickets from the authorized Blue Star Ferries ticket offices in the departure ports. Please keep in mind that in this case, you will need to arrive at the port earlier and receive your boarding pass on time.
To which islands can I go with Blue Star Ferries?
The ferry company Blue Star Ferries is a popular option for traveling in Greece since it serves ferry routes to most of the islands of the Aegean sea. More specifically, Blue Star Ferries vessels travel to the following destinations:
- Cyclades: Travel to the islands of the Cyclades complex with Blue Star Ferries. There are frequent ferry itineraries from all 3 ports of Athens (Piraeus, Rafina, Lavrio) to the Cyclades islands, such as Mykonos, Santorini, Naxos, Paros, Amorgos, Milos, Ios, Tinos as well as intra-Cycladic routes, which is ideal for island hopping.
- Dodecanese: There are many ferry connections from Athens to the Dodecanese served by the vessels of Blue Star Ferries. Indicatively, you can travel to Rhodes, Kos, Karpathos, Astypalea, Nisyros, Patmos, or Leros.
- Islands of the North-east Aegean: Blue Star Ferries operates at least 4 regular ferry itineraries that connect mainland Greece with the islands of the north-east Aegean. More specifically you can travel by ferry to Samos, Ikaria, Chios, Lemnos, Lesvos (Mytilene), or Fournoi.
Most of the vessels by Blue Star Ferries offer the option of a garage, to transfer your vehicle, as well as different seat types such as numbered seats and bed cabins for a more comfortable ferry trip. Choose the destination that you want and organize your holidays in Greece in the best possible way for you.
How to book ferry tickets on Ferryhopper?
On the Ferryhopper search engine, you can find all the available ferry routes with Blue Star Ferries to your favorite destinations. Choose the itinerary that suits you and book ferry tickets online in just 4 clicks!
Should you have any questions about your booking. your ferry itinerary or the e-ticket procedures, please contact the Ferryhopper customer support team on +30 210 9241453 or via the online contact form.