Arbatax is a marine community of the municipality of Tortolì and is located on the granite peninsula of Capo Bellavista, in the central-eastern coast of Sardinia. The environmental peculiarities of Arbatax make it a perfect destination for travelers who seek an adventure or relaxing holidays by the sea. On Ferryhopper you will find all available ferry routes from the port of Arbatax: book ferry tickets quickly and easily and plan your ideal holidays in Sardinia!
How to get to Arbatax by ferry?
The port of Arbatax overlooks the Tyrrhenian Sea and is located in the homonymous town of Ogliastra, in eastern Sardinia and it is easily accessible by car, train or bus. Many ferry routes depart from Arbatax to Cagliari, Genoa and Civitavecchia, almost 8 times a week. The ferry connections are served by the ferry company Tirrenia which offers the option of vehicle transportation.
- Arbatax - Cagliari: There are several weekly itineraries for this ferry route and the ride between the two ports lasts around 5 hrs. The ferry trips from Arbatax to Cagliari are available in the morning, while the ferries from Cagliari to Arbatax depart in the evening.
- Arbatax - Civitavecchia: It is a popular ferry route that is served all year long. There are 2 weekly crossings from Arbatax to Civitavecchia that last from 7 hr 30 min to 10 hrs.
- Arbatax - Genoa: This ferry route connects Sardinia with Northern Italy. From the port of Arbatax departures are scheduled in the early afternoon, while from Genoa ferries depart in the evening. The ferry journey from Arbatax to Genoa lasts about 17 hrs.
Take a look at the Ferryhopper map of ferries with all the available ferry connections between the port of Arbatax and other Italian destinations and start planning your trip now!
What to do in Arbatax?
Arbatax is a perfect destination thanks to its mild climate and its landscapes that make it unique all year round.
Beaches in Arbatax
A lively resort to spend holidays with family and friends, Arbatax is a good starting point for discovering the turquoise waters of the Gulf of Orosei by following guided treks that reach beautiful beaches. Do not miss to admire the views of Cala Mariolu, Cala Biriola, Cala Sisine and Cala Luna. Some Ferryhopper beach recommendations are:
- The beach of Rocce Rosse
- Cala Moresca (for snorkelers)
- Lido di Orrì (for those who enjoy kitesurfing)
- Bay of Porto Frailis
- The Golfetto
- Bay of San Gemiliano
- Riva di Ponente beach
- Cea beach
Sightseeing in Arbatax
The impressive red porphyry cliffs Rocce Rosse by the sea is the symbol of the town and can be found near the port. In Arbatax do not forget to visit the Capo Bellavista Lighthouse, the San Michele Tower and the Bellavista Natural Park, where you can observe the local fauna in a state of freedom and semi-freedom. Moreover, in Arbatax there are several interesting areas and monuments to visit such as:
- The Necropolis of Monte Terli
- The archaeological park of San Salvatore
- The Roman village of San Lussurioso
- The historic center of Tortolì
- The Tin of Tortolì
- The Borgo di Girasole
- The Tomb of the Giants of Pradu
- The Tempietto Sa Carcaredda
- The Santa Barbara park
Food in Arbatax
While in Arbatax, don’t miss trying the local cuisine such as culurgiones, agnolotti with a Sardinian pecorino filling, the lamb on the spit and the porcetto.
Where to buy ferry tickets from Arbatax?
Are you looking forward to discovering the uncontaminated nature of Ogliastra, the wild cliffs and the coves of Arbatax? Don't think about it anymore ... Arbatax is the destination to choose from. Ferryhopper is here to help you find all ferry connections between Sardinia and Italy for perfect holidays. Book ferry tickets to/from the port of Arbatax quickly, easily and at the best prices!