Traveling from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Chalki by ferry
The ferry route Athens (Piraeus) - Chalki normally takes 24 hours and costs start at 40€. Check our summary with the latest data for ferries.
Ferry schedules from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Chalki*
Is there a ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Chalki?
There are 2 ferry services during the week to Chalki with departures occurring in the afternoon. However, this can change depending on the season and weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry company that usually operates this route is Aegeon Pelagos.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Chalki?
The ferry trip from the port of Piraeus to that of Chalki takes around 1 day. For this reason, we suggest booking a cabin or airline seat if you want to travel more comfortably and sleep during the trip.
How much is the ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Chalki?
Ferry tickets from Piraeus to Chalki start from 40€. However, the total cost can be higher or lower depending on reductions, offers, and seat or cabin type.
What’s the ferry schedule from Athens (Piraeus) to Chalki?
There are at least 2 ferry crossings from Piraeus to Chalki per week. The ferries usually depart at 18:00 and arrive in Chalki around 18:30, the next day.
What’s the distance between Athens (Piraeus) and Chalki?
The port of Piraeus is located close to 220 nautical miles (407 km) from Chalki.
Am I allowed to travel from Athens (Piraeus) to Chalki?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
Crystal clear sea in Chalki.
How can I book ferry tickets from Athens (Piraeus) to Chalki?
You can visit the Ferryhopper pages for all Piraeus - Chalki ferry crossings. Compare prices and schedules to book ferry tickets online easily, quickly and cheaply.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Athens (Piraeus) to Chalki
- The port of Piraeus is usually full of travelers during the whole summer season and many ferries can arrive or depart at the same time. We suggest you be at the port at least 1 hour earlier, while you can ask the port authorities for information about your ferry.
- If you go to the port of Piraeus by means of transport, don’t forget that you will need some time to reach the departure gate. You can also take the free bus to the port of Piraeus, which runs all day to the departure gates.
- Due to the long journey, most of the vessels have cabins, air seats and garages for transporting vehicles.
- Chalki is close to popular Greek islands such as Rhodes, Kos and Karpathos. Find all the ferry connections of Chalki on the Ferryhopper map to organize island-hopping in a few clicks.
- For any additional information regarding the trip from Piraeus to Chalki, you can contact the Ferryhopper customer service team!