Traveling from Tangier to Gibraltar by ferry
There is 1 weekly ferry crossing from Tanger-Med to Gibraltar, normally serviced by FRS. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Is there a ferry from Tangier to Gibraltar?
Normally, the route from Tangier to Gibraltar is available once a week. The route is in operation throughout the year, serviced by the ferry company FRS. You can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from Tangier to Gibraltar?
The duration of the Tanger-Med - Gibraltar ferry crossing is 1h 30min on average. The duration of the trip varies mainly depending on the type of vessel and the weather conditions.
How much is the ferry from Tangier to Gibraltar?
A standard ferry ticket from Tanger-Med to Gibraltar is €49. The price gets higher or lower depending on discounts, offers, seat type, or vehicle selection.
What’s the ferry schedule from Tangier to Gibraltar?
Normally, there is 1 weekly ferry route from Tanger-Med to Gibraltar. The route is in operation all year long. Ferries to Gibraltar usually depart on Sunday afternoons.
What’s the distance between Tangier and Gibraltar?
The distance between Tanger-Med and Gibraltar is around 18 nautical miles (33 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Tangier to Gibraltar?
At the moment, it is not possible to travel to Gibraltar from the port of Tanger-Med. Ferry routes from Morocco to the British exclave of Gibraltar are currently suspended. For the latest information on COVID-19 and traveling by ferry, visit our relevant FaQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Tangier to Gibraltar?
On ferryhopper.com you can easily book ferry tickets to Gibraltar. Find information about available itineraries from Tanger-Med on Ferryhopper’s Map of ferries, compare ferry companies and fares, and plan your trip.
The impressive Rock of Gibraltar as seen from the beach.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Tangier to Gibraltar
- You can reach the port of Tanger-Med from Tangier city center by car, taxi, train, or bus. The port of Tanger-Med is located 50km east of the city of Tangier.
- Gibraltar is located close to the Spanish city of Algeciras. You can travel daily from the port of Tanger-Med to Algeciras and make the 30-minute drive to Gibraltar.
- If you’re traveling with a vehicle, make sure you arrive at the port of Tanger-Med at least 1h 15min before departure.
- UK and EU nationals don’t need a Visa to travel to Gibraltar. However, it is necessary to carry your passport or ID card with you, as there are document checks at the port of Tangier.
- In Gibraltar you can visit several natural attractions, climb to the top of the Rock and swim in beautiful beaches. Don’t forget to socialize with the city’s monkeys!