Ferry from Mykonos to Rethymnon
Tickets & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Mykonos to Rethymno?
Usually, there is a direct ferry crossing twice a week during the summer months by 2 ferry companies. The ferry companies that mainly operate on this route are Seajets and Golden Star Ferries. This is a seasonal ferry route that is subject to change every year so you can also consider traveling indirectly from Mykonos to Heraklion and then by bus to Rethymno. Schedules can change depending on the season and the weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from Mykonos to Rethymno?
The duration of the direct ferry trip can be from 6 hours to 8,5 hours depending on the vessel and itinerary.
How much is the ferry from Mykonos to Rethymno?
The cost of the single ferry ticket ranges from 55€ to 100€. The price depends on available discounts, offers, seat type, or the ferry company.
What's the ferry schedule from Mykonos to Rethymno?
The ferry connection from Mykonos to Rethymno mainly runs in high season (from May to September) with 2 ferry crossings per week. In this case, the ferries usually depart around 12.00. An alternative option is to travel by ferry from Mykonos to Heraklion - a daily route during the summer - and then take a bus from Heraklion to Rethymno.
What's the distance between Mykonos and Rethymno?
The distance between the port of Mykonos and the port of Rethymno is approximately 132 nautical miles (i.e. 245 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Mykonos to Rethymno?
Yes, traveling by ferry across Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece please visit our relevant FAQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Mykonos to Rethymno?
You can compare all direct and indirect ferry schedules from Mykonos to Crete on Ferryhopper and book your ferry tickets online.
A Venetian fountain in the old town of Rethymno.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Mykonos to Rethymnon
- The port of Mykonos can get quite crowded during the summer months so we recommend arriving at least 45 minutes prior to departure.
- Mykonos has 2 ports, however, the majority of the ferries depart from the New Port of Mykonos. Find more info on Mykonos' port in our blog.
- Ferry rides can be a bit bumpy in the summer. There is nothing to worry about but if you feel seasick you can ask the ferry crew for some aspirin or carry with you anti-nausea pills.
- Please keep in mind that the weather conditions might affect the duration of your ferry trip from Mykonos to Crete, particularly if you travel with a high-speed vessel.
- Find out about Rethymno on our pages and plan your holidays in the beautiful Cretan region.
- The Rethymno bus station is located 1,5 km from the port, i.e. 6 minutes by car and 25 minutes on foot.
- On our Map of ferries, you can check all ferry connections from the ports of Crete apart from Rethymno, such as Heraklion, Chania, or Sitia.