Traveling from Rhodes to Athens (Piraeus) by ferry
There are 2 daily ferry crossings from Rhodes to Piraeus in the summer with tickets cost starting from 43€. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Ferry schedules from Rhodes to Athens (Piraeus)*
Is there a ferry from Rhodes to Athens (Piraeus)?
There are usually at least 7 weekly ferry crossings by 2 ferry companies from Rhodes to the port of Piraeus. This can change depending on the season and the weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The route is served by conventional ferries that have a garage for vehicle transfer. The ferry companies that mainly run this connection are Blue Star Ferries and Aegeon Pelagos.
How long is the ferry ride from Rhodes to Athens (Piraeus)?
The ferry ride can last from 12 hours to 24 hours depending on the vessel and its scheduled itinerary.
How much is the ferry from Rhodes to Athens (Piraeus)?
The cost of a one-way ferry ticket starts from 43€ and can be up to 160€. The average price for a foot passenger is 60€ and the price can get higher or lower according to the itinerary as well as reductions, offers, seat type, vehicle, or cabin selection.
What's the ferry schedule from Rhodes to Athens (Piraeus)?
The direct ferry connection between Rhodes and Piraeus in Athens is frequent all-year-long with up to 2 daily sailings in the summer months. In low season there are at least 7 ferries per week operating on this route. The earliest departure from Rhodes is usually between 04.00 and 07.00 and the latest ferry departs between 17.00 and 18.30.
What's the distance between Rhodes and Athens (Piraeus)?
The distance between Rhodes and the port of Piraeus is 239 nautical miles (around 442 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Rhodes to Athens (Piraeus)?
Yes, travel within Greek destinations is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece visit our relevant FAQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Rhodes to Athens (Piraeus)?
On Ferryhopper you can compare ferry schedules, ticket prices, and trip duration for the Rhodes-Piraeus crossing and book your ferry tickets online and at the best prices.
Marina 'Zea', east of the port of Piraeus.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Rhodes to Athens (Piraeus)
- If you wish to travel in a bed cabin we recommend booking well in advance as they sell out quickly especially during Easter or high-season.
- This ferry route is great if you want to transfer your vehicle to Athens. Indicatively, vehicle tickets can be around 30€ for a motorbike and around 100€ for a car.
- Make sure that you arrive at the port of Rhodes at least 1 hour prior to your ferry departure, especially if you travel with a vehicle.
- If you are looking for more information about the port of Piraeus or what to do in Athens you can check our dedicated destination pages.
- From the port of Piraeus, you can continue your ferry traveling in the Greek islands. On our Map of ferries, you can see available ferry connections from Athens.