This summer you can travel directly from Piraeus to Rethymno in Crete with the OLYMPUS ferry by the company Sea Speed Ferries.
The Athens - Crete ferry connection is one of the most popular throughout the whole year and it is frequently served by ferries that travel to the ports of Heraklion and Chania. For the summer of 2019 the ferry company Sea Speed Ferries introduced a ferry connection between the port of Piraeus in Athens and the port of Rethymno in Crete.
Where is Rethymno?
Rethymno (or Rethimno) is the third-largest city in Crete and it is located in the island's north coast. The city and port of Rethymno are 80km from Heraklion (approximately 1h 15 minutes drive) and 65km from Chania (approximately 1-hour drive). Find out more information about Rethymno, its beautiful Venetian town and nearby beaches in the Ferryhopper pages.
Ferry tickets and schedules for Milos - Santorini - Rethymno
Since late July 2019, the OLYMPUS ferry by Sea Speed serves the Piraeus - Milos - Santorini - Rethymno route once a day, 4 days every week.
This ferry connection is seasonal and it’s a good option to travel directly to the city of Rethymno, without having to pass by the other ports of Crete, as well as a great option for island-hopping in the Aegean sea!
Milos and Santorini are islands of unique beauty and we would definitely recommend spending some days in each one when planning your holidays in Crete and the Greek islands. From there you can also easily travel to most of the Cyclades islands, so have a look in our map of ferries to find all the available ferry connections to plan your island-hopping in the Aegean sea.
Olympus ferry schedules summer 2019
Here’s an indicative schedule for Olympus ferry itineraries to Crete - summer 2019:
- Monday - Wednesday - Friday: Olympus departs from the port of Piraeus in Athens at 21.30 and arrives at Milos around 2 am, to Santorini around 6 am, and to Rethymno at 10.30am.
- Tuesday - Thursday - Saturday: Olympus departs from the port of Rethymno in Crete at 19.00 and arrives to Santorini around 23.00, to Milos around 3am, and to Piraeus (Athens) at around 8am.
- Sunday: On Sundays, the Olympus ferry serves both the itinerary’s directions: Piraeus - Rethymno, and Rethymno - Piraeus. The ferry departs from the port of Piraeus at 9 am, stops only in Santorini, and arrives in Rethymno at 20.00. The same ferry departs from Rethymno at 21.15 and arrives in Piraeus at 10 am.
How long is the ferry trip from Piraeus to Rethymno?
The total duration of the ferry trip from Piraeus to Rethymno is 12 hours and 50 minutes. Since the ride is long, and it often runs overnight we would recommend that you book a bed cabin for a more comfortable journey.
On Ferryhopper you will find all the available ferry ticket types and all the ferry schedules to plan your trip fast, easy and in the best prices!
Offers and Discounts for the ‘Olympus’ ferry routes
Before you book your ferry from Piraeus to Rethymno, Santorini or Milos, have a look at the Sea Speed Ferries offers and discounts:
- Round-trip discount: You can get a 20% discount on your ferry tickets if you book a round trip for passengers as well as their vehicle.
- 3+1 child-free ticket: If you are traveling with a child under 10 years old, you can get a free ticket in a 4-bed cabin. In order to secure this discount, it is required that all 4 passengers need to travel in the same cabin and their booking to be under the same reservation code.
- Small cars: There is a 20% discount for any car type below 3,7 meters long.
- Children: Children between 5 and 10 years old get a 50% discount on the adult ticket. Infants (0-5 years) travel for free.
- Student discounts: Α 50% student discount is provided for students of Greek Universities that have a valid Greek student ID.
- Large family discount: A discount of 30% to 50% is available to holders of the official “ΚΑΡΤΑ ΠΟΛΥΤΕΚΝΩΝ” card issued by the Greek state. Large family cards from other countries do not apply.
- Pensioners (ΝΑΤ): Greek pensioners get a 50% discount on the Sea Speed Ferries routes. Pensioners from other countries are not eligible for this discount.
The company’s offers and discounts are automatically applied in the Ferryhopper booking page however if you need any assistance with your booking please contact our customer support team.
How to book your ferry tickets for Rethymno with the OLYMPUS ferry
Traveling from Athens to the city of Rethymno in Crete is now easier with the OLYMPUS ferry by Sea Speed Ferries! On Ferryhopper you will find all the available ferry schedules, ferry ticket types and prices in order to plan your ideal holiday in Crete. On our pages, you can book a direct ferry trip to Rethymnon or design a great island-hopping experience via Milos and Santorini.
With Ferryhopper, Crete and the Greek islands are only a few clicks away from you!