Ferry route Piraeus - Rethymno by OLYMPUS [Sea Speed Ferries]
Travel from Piraeus to Milos - Santorini - Rethymno
The Athens - Crete ferry connection is one of the most popular throughout the whole year and it is frequently served by ferries that travel to the ports of Heraklion and Chania. During the summer months, there is a direct ferry route from Piraeus to Rethymno, passing through the beautiful islands of Milos and Santorini. On this page, we have gathered all the information that you need to know about this ferry route from Athens to Rethymno via Cyclades.
Where is Rethymno?
Rethymno (or Rethimno) is the third-largest city in Crete and it is located on the island's north coast. The city and port of Rethymno are 80km from Heraklion (approximately 1h 15 minutes drive) and 65km from Chania (approximately 1-hour drive). Find out more information about Rethymno, its beautiful Venetian town, and nearby beaches in the Ferryhopper pages.
Detail from the old Venetian town of Rethymno - a must experience.
Ferry tickets and schedules for Milos - Santorini - Rethymno
For the summer of 2020, the OLYMPUS ferry by Sea Speed serves the Piraeus - Rethymno ferry route via Milos and Santorini. The ferry connection is seasonal and operates 4 days a week from early July to the end of August and 3 days a week from September to the end of October.
It's a great option to travel directly to the city of Rethymno, without having to pass by the other ports of Crete, while you can also choose it for island-hopping in the Aegean sea! Milos and Santorini are islands of unique beauty and we would definitely recommend spending some days in each one when planning your holidays in Crete and the Greek islands. From there you can also easily travel to most of the Cyclades islands, so have a look in our map of ferries to find all the available ferry connections in the Aegean.
Below we have gathered more specific information about the Olympus ferry route to Rethymno to book your ferry trip in the most convenient way for you.
Small white church in the village of Oia, Santorini.
Olympus ferry schedules 2020
Here’s an indicative schedule for Olympus ferry itineraries to Crete for the summer of 2020:
From Piraeus to Rethymno:
- Monday - Wednesday: Olympus departs from the port of Piraeus in Athens at 20.00 and arrives at Milos around 1 am, at Santorini around 5 am, and Rethymno at 10.30 am.
- Friday: The fastest itinerary from Piraeus to Rethymno is on Fridays. Olympus departs from Piraeus at 20.00, arrives at Santorini around 3 am and then Rethymno at 8.15 am.
From Rethymno to Piraeus:
- Thursday: The fastest way to return to Piraeus from Rethymno is on Thursdays. Olympus departs from Rethymno at 11 am and travels directly to Piraeus, where it arrives at around 19.00.
- Tuesday - Sunday: Olympus departs from the port of Rethymno in Crete at 18.00 and arrives at Santorini around 22.00, to Milos around 3 am, and to Piraeus (Athens) at around 8.30 am.
Saturday: On Saturdays, the Olympus ferry serves both the itinerary’s directions: Rethymno - Piraeus, and Piraeus - Rethymno. The ferry departs from the port of Rethymno at 8.30 am, stops only in Santorini, and arrives in Piraeus at 20.15. The same ferry departs from Piraeus at 22.30 and runs the full itinerary so it gets to Milos at around 3.30 am, to Santorini around 7.30 am and to Rethymno at 13.00.
How long is the ferry trip from Piraeus to Rethymno?
The total duration of the ferry trip from Piraeus to Rethymno ranges from 9 to 15 hours, depending on the intermediate stops. Since the ferry trip is long, and it often runs overnight we would recommend that you book a bed cabin for a more comfortable journey.
On Ferryhopper you will find all the available ferry ticket types and all the ferry schedules to plan your trip fast, easy, and in the best prices!
Indicative ferry route details for the Piraeus - Rethymno connection by Olympus ferry: stops, duration, ferry ticket types, and prices.
Offers and Discounts for the ‘Olympus’ ferry routes
Before you book your ferry from Piraeus to Rethymno, Santorini or Milos, have a look at the Sea Speed Ferries offers and discounts:
- Round-trip discount: You can get a 20% discount on your ferry tickets if you book a round trip for passengers as well as their vehicles.
- 3+1 ticket free: One free ticket in a 4-bed cabin. In order to secure this discount, it is required that all 4 passengers travel in the same cabin and their booking is under the same reservation code.
- Small cars: There is a 20% discount for any car type below 3,7 meters long (for example Smart, Citroen C2, Lancia Y).
- Children: Children between 5 and 10 years old get a 50% discount on the adult ticket. Infants (0-5 years) travel for free.
- Student discount: Α 50% student discount is provided for students of Greek Universities that have a valid Greek student ID.
- Large family discount: A discount of 30% to 50% is available to holders of the official “ΚΑΡΤΑ ΠΟΛΥΤΕΚΝΩΝ” card issued by the Greek state. Large family cards from other countries do not apply.
The company’s offers and discounts are automatically applied in the Ferryhopper booking page, however, if you need any assistance with your booking please contact our customer support team.
Where to book your ferry tickets to Rethymno?
Traveling from Athens to the city of Rethymno in Crete is now easier with the OLYMPUS ferry by Sea Speed Ferries! On Ferryhopper you will find all the available ferry schedules, ferry ticket types, and prices in order to plan your ideal holiday in Crete. Book online a direct ferry trip to Rethymnon or design a great island-hopping experience via Milos and Santorini through our pages.